The Salzgaber family played an important role in the settlement and expansion of the Grandview Heights and Marble Cliff area.
The family owned a farm on land now at First and Grandview avenues, which they sold to developers for the expansion of Grandview to the east.
They moved their farming business to Lane Avenue, across from what is now the Lane Avenue Shopping Center.
A different spelling of the name is seen on this truck in a 1920 photo, taken in front of the Salzgaber home at 1237 Grandview Ave.
The Salzgeber Coal Co. was off Fifth Avenue in what became known as Sellsville, the winter quarters of the Sells Bros. Circus.