What kind of food are you searching for when heading to a diner? Diners are great standbys for delicious "greasy spoon" meals, whether you're there for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We talked to three panelists this week about the American institution where you can grab a seat at the counter, eat a great omelet or sip coffee while finishing off a slice of pie.
Let's get into it. Welcome to "The Great Food Debate," where we discuss the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio.
This episode's panelists are:
• Vince Tornero, host of In the Record Store podcast and captain of In the Record Store
• Jim Fischer, arts editor for Columbus Alive
• Erin Edwards, dining editor at Columbus Monthly
Where can the best diner be found in central Ohio?
• Vince's pick: Jack and Benny's (locations in Clintonville, Dublin and downtown Columbus)
• Jim's pick: Tommy's Diner (914 W. Broad St., Franklinton) and Jack's Downtown Diner (52 E Lynn St., Columbus)
• Erin's pick: Philco Bar + Diner (747 N. High St., Short North) and German Village Coffee Shop (193 Thurman Ave., German Village)
Other diners or meals mentioned:
• Gut buster breakfast at Jack and Benny's
• Grilled cheese with Havarti and Nutella at Philco Bar + Diner
• Hamburger Inn Diner (16 N. Sandusky St., Delaware)
• Nutcracker Family Restaurant (63 E. Broad St., Pataskala)
• 3 Brothers Diner (3090 Southwest Blvd., Grove City)
• Starliner Diner (4121 Main St., Hilliard)
• Cap City Fine Diner and Bar (locations in Dublin, Grandview and Gahanna)
• Michael's Goody Boy Diner (1144 N. High St., Short North)
• Stav's Diner (2932 E. Broad St., Bexley)
• Canal Wigwam (4 S. High St., Canal Winchester)
• Grill & Skillet (2924 E. Main St., Columbus)
• Golden Donuts & Diner (1928 Lockbourne Road, Columbus)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at email@example.com or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital.