Columbus police responded to a burglary alarm at 2:11 a.m. June 8 in the 1200 block of City Park Avenue.
When officers arrived they discovered a rear glass door had been broken and two TV sets, one valued at $500 and the other at $300, and a $100 cable box were missing, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
Officers detained a person who was quickly walking away from the house, but no charges were filed, according to the report.
There was a reported $500 worth of damage to the door.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* Police responded to a report of menacing June 10 in the 400 block of Forest Street.
The victim said at 10:30 p.m. someone taped a threatening message to his door.
* A $350 bicycle was stolen between 10:30 p.m. June 8 and 9 a.m. June 9 from the first block of East Hoster Street.
The victim told police that the bicycle was chained to the handrail of her front steps.
* A $100 knife, $25 worth of cologne, $40 cash and an unendorsed check were stolen at 10:32 p.m. June 8 from a vehicle in the 700 block of South High Street.
A video camera at a nearby business recorded an image of the suspect. The car was unlocked at the time.
* A $150 cellphone was stolen at 10:40 a.m. June 8 from a vehicle in the first block of Stewart Avenue.
* A criminal damaging incident was reported at 7 pm. June 11 at the intersection of Thurman Avenue and Pearl Alley.
According to reports, after a woman refused to take a suspect home, the suspect grabbed a crowbar from the vehicle and exited the car.
The suspect then busted the passenger window of the car and ripped off the mirror before leaving the area.