Gahanna police recently responded to what residents described as noises sounding like gunshots that turned out to be fireworks.
A Fleetrun Avenue resident reported hearing what sounded like one gunshot coming from the east, according to a report received at 4 a.m. June 13. Police later were advised it was fireworks.
A Green Meadows Drive resident reported waking up and hearing two gunshots from outside, according to a report received at 4:16 a.m. June 9. Police spoke to employees at a local business, who described seeing fireworks, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A Penny Lane resident reported he suspected drug activity was happening around another Penny Lane residence, according to a complaint received at 12:55 p.m. June 13.
* A Hunters Run resident was warned about feeding stray cats, according to a complaint received at 7:13 a.m. June 12. She was warned about having animals at large and being a nuisance to neighbors, reports said.
* A Forestwood Drive resident said someone entered her house through a back door while she was away, according to a report received at 1:19 a.m. June 12.
* A caller said a motorist in a Toyota Corolla was speeding on Camrose Court, and the caller was concerned because children were playing in the area, according to a report received at 6:28 p.m. June 11. The caller advised if enforcement action wasn't taken, he would "take a ball bat to the car," reports said. As police spoke to the reporting party, the motorist returned to the area. He said he had left the neighborhood with haste because the reporting party had followed him out, reports said. He was advised to watch his speed, and he left without further incident, reports said.
* Energy drinks valued at $25 were reported stolen from a West Johnstown Road business at 10:14 p.m. June 10.
* Tools were reported stolen from the garage of a residence on Timothy Drive, according to a report received at 7:07 p.m. June 10.
* Three vehicles were egged overnight on Ainsworth Avenue, according to a report received at 6:30 p.m. June 10.
* A truck was egged overnight on Imperial Drive, according to a report received at 10:27 a.m. June 10.
* A caller advised at 1:17 p.m. June 9 that children with a lemonade stand were blocking the sidewalk on Lincolnshire Road, and he "doubted they had a food and beverage permit," reports said. The caller said the children needed to learn about government regulations, reports stated.
* A motorist in a gray Toyota Camry was reportedly driving around the Wilke Place area, honking the horn and squealing tires, according to a complaint received at 3:30 a.m. June 9.
* A man dumped a huge pot of dirt in the roadway on Mill Street, according to a report received at 5:47 p.m. June 8.
* A Goshen Court resident said her car sustained scratches and there was paint on her driveway, according to report received at 5:43 p.m. June 8.
* Police were called to a Timothy Drive residence because of a dispute among siblings over a Kindle, according to a report received at 4:16 p.m. June 8. One person threw a boot at the other, and there was a verbal argument, according to reports.
* Multiple tools were reported stolen from a construction site on Buckles Court, according to a report received at 7:14 a.m. June 7.