We want a great drink that is part performance art and all deliciousness. We talked to three local panelists about where to find the best cocktails in central Ohio.
Welcome to "The Great Food Debate," where we discuss the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio.
This episode's panelists are:
• Alex Bokeno, Beam Suntory southern Ohio territory manager
• Jayme Hitchcock, community manager for Yelp Columbus
• Erin Edwards, dining editor of Columbus Monthly magazine
Where can the best cocktails be found in central Ohio?
Alex's pick: Curio at Harvest (495 S. Fourth St., German Village)
Jayme's pick: Two Truths (1205 N. High St., Short North)
Erin's pick: The Bottle Shop (237 King Ave., Columbus), Denmark (463 N. High St., Short North)
Other cocktails or restaurants mentioned:
• Giuseppe's Ritrovo (2268 E. Main St., Bexley)
• Palle by Moretti (1021 W. Fifth Ave., Columbus)
• Mouton (954 N. High St., Short North)
• Veritas (11 Gay St., Columbus)
• The Crest Gastropub (locations in Clintonville and on Parsons Avenue)
• Vaso (6540 Riverside Drive, Dublin)
• Harvest Pizzeria (locations in Dublin, Short North and German Village)
• "The Hot Nut" shot from Tony's Tavern (7 W. State St., Athens)
• Weasel Boy Brewing Co. (126 Muskingum Ave., Zanesville)
• Founders All Day IPA from Founders Brewing Co. (locations in Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan)
• Pretentious Barrel House (745 Taylor Ave., Columbus)
• Jeppson's Malört (a Chicago specialty)
• Bear Fight (Jager Bomb followed by an Irish Car Bomb)
• Watershed Distillery (1145 Chesapeake Ave., Suite D, Columbus)
• Blind Lady Tavern (22 E. Mound St., Columbus)
• Service Bar (1230 Courtland Ave., Columbus)
• Forno (721 N. High St., Short North)
• Platform Beer Co. (408 N. 6th St., Columbus)
• Condado (locations in Short North, Clintonville, downtown Columbus and Easton)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital.