After posting images on social media, the Hilliard Division of Police was able to identify and arrest Richard Ellis, 46, of Lupo Court in Columbus in connection with a robbery at Home Depot, 4101 Trueman Blvd., on May 30.
He was arrested June 15 and arraigned June 16, during which bond was set at $25,000. He was scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 25, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records.
Ellis allegedly had a knife and threatened an employee who confronted him as he was stealing merchandise worth more than $2,000 from the store, police said.
The employee put up his hands and stepped away from Ellis, who took the merchandise and got into the passenger side of a black Honda with stolen license plates, police said.
Ellis admitted he committed the robbery, Hilliard police reported on Facebook, and he was charged with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, according to court records.
Investigators believe Ellis is connected to thefts from other Home Depots in central Ohio.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A 28-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia June 19 in the 3900 block of Parkway Lane and again for possession of drug paraphernalia June 20 in the 3000 block of Trueman Boulevard.
A 34-year-old man with the woman was arrested in the June 20 incident.
* A 22-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession at 8:55 p.m. June 15 in the 4000 block of Britton Parkway.
* A 29-year-old woman was arrested for criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor, at 4 a.m. June 16 in the 4500 block of Stonehill Street.
* A 25-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 6:20 p.m. June 16 at Davidson Road and Britton Farms Drive.
* A 30-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments at 3:20 p.m. June 18 in the 3600 block of Lacon Road.
* A 51-year-old woman was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, at 6:20 p.m. June 19 in the 4700 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 34-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:20 p.m. June 19 in the 4000 block of Britton Parkway.
* A 28-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments at 7:55 a.m. June 20 in the 3900 block of Alton Darby Creek Road.
* A 21-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:50 a.m. June 21 at Hillcrest Street West and Cemetery Road.
* A breaking-and-entering was reported between 8 a.m. June 13 and 9 a.m. June 15 in the 3700 block of Sanctuary Loop. A furnace worth $2,500 was reported stolen.
* Windshield wipers were reported stolen between 11:40 and 11:55 a.m. June 16 from a vehicle in the 4100 block of Columbia Street. Property loss was reported at $60.
* A purse containing a wallet, Social Security card, state ID card, cigarettes, prescription medication and $600 was reported stolen between 3 and 7 p.m. June 16 from a vehicle in the 3800 block of Veterans Memorial Drive. Property loss was reported at $693.
* A wallet containing a driver's license, credit cards and money was reported stolen between 11 p.m. June 17 and 7 a.m. June 18 from a vehicle in the 5200 block of Davidson Road. Property loss was reported at $33.