Gahanna police recently responded to an alleged attempted break-in at a business on Granville Street, according to a complaint received at 11:48 p.m. June 15.
The complainant said he locked the doors and somebody tried to pry them open. The internal alarms went off, but no call was received by Gahanna police from the alarm, reports said. There was no visible damage, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A patron was screaming at an employee of a business on South Hamilton Road, according to a complaint received at 12:35 p.m. June 19. Racist remarks were made toward the employee, reports stated.
* A chainsaw was stolen from a storage shed after the lock was broken overnight on Science Boulevard, according to a report received at 7:03 a.m. June 19.
* A Havens Corners Road resident reported someone told him to go to a store and buy two $2,000 gift cards, which he did, and then give the person on the phone the gift card numbers. The resident was told the caller had the resident's granddaughter, who had been in an accident, according to a theft report received at 6:44 a.m. June 19.
* People were releasing sky lanterns at a business on Mill Street, according to a complaint received at 9:49 p.m. June 18. Police were later advised they discontinued using the lanterns, reports said.
* A juvenile allegedly threatened a Serran Drive resident with a knife, according to a report received at 6:36 p.m. June 18. No one was injured, reports said, but the juvenile was transported to a hospital.
* A bicycle was reported stolen from a Rugby Lane garage, according to a report received at 1:07 p.m. June 17. The garage door was open, reports said.
* A female "stripped down" and jumped into a fountain a Creekside Park, 123 Mill St., then ran into a bathroom, according to a report received at 10:49 p.m. June 16. The female was in the care of a sober party and left the area, reports said.
* Police were asked to assist in removing a group from the Hunters Ridge Pool, 341 Harrow Blvd., according to a report received at 9 p.m. June 16. One person allegedly made a threat, reports said.
* A gaming system was reported stolen from a Fawndale Place residence, according to a report received at 6:02 p.m. June 16.
* A call was received from an unidentified person on Agler Road, who said he could see a large plume of black smoke from a property, according to a report received at 3:32 p.m. June 16. Police were advised someone was burning brush and unable to get it extinguished, reports said.
* A Triumph Way resident advised someone stole an 8-week-old male pit bull puppy from her backyard at 11:33 a.m. June 16, according to reports.
* A Verdin Court resident advised police she found a 2-year-old boy wandering about an apartment complex, according to a complaint received at 10:41 a.m. June 16. She took the toddler back to his residence. The door was open and there was no response from inside, reports said. Police made contact, according to reports.
* A group of teenagers were hitting people and some rides set up at Memorial Park, 73 W. Johnstown Road, according to a report received at 9:08 p.m. June 15.