Columbus police officers responding to a report of an assault that allegedly occurred in the 4500 block of North High Street at 8:20 p.m. June 27 spoke with the victim.
The man said he was punched in the face with a closed fist five to six times by an individual he named. The man told police the suspect apparently thought he was about to be fired and that was the reason for the assault.
The police report noted some "tension and conflict" in the past between the suspect and the alleged victim.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A man told police he was robbed of $500 in cash, a $100 wallet and a cellphone valued at $170 by someone who held a knife to his throat at 11:30 p.m. June 25 at the intersection of Indianola Avenue and Morse Road.
* A resident of the 200 block of East Royal Forest Boulevard told police at 5:23 p.m. June 27 someone fired a BB gun at his fence between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. the previous day.
* A $500 handgun and $6 in coins were reported stolen at 1:34 p.m. June 27 from a vehicle parked in the 300 block of East Stanton Avenue. The owner said someone entered the unlocked car after 10:15 p.m. the previous day.
* A man told police at 6 p.m. June 26 that his debit-card number had been used to make a purchase of $92 the previous afternoon at a business in the 2600 block of North High Street.
* A wallet containing a man's credit card, Social Security card and driver's license was stolen from a vehicle in the 3100 block of Indianola Avenue between 1 and 2 a.m. June 26, reports said.
* An unknown suspect broke a window of an apartment in the 100 block of Broad Meadows Boulevard at 2:49 a.m. June 26. The victim told police it would cost $300 to repair the window.
* Damage was estimated at $500 after someone broke the rearview and side mirrors of a vehicle at 12:30 p.m. June 25 while it was parked in the 100 block of Fallis Road, the owner reported.
* An employee of a business in the 4900 block of North High Street reported at 12:25 p.m. June 24 that at least two suspects had stolen shirts worth $100.
* A woman spoke with an officer June 23 regarding her suspicions that $140 was taken from her wallet by individuals who were moving her belongings to a home in the 400 block of East Schreyer Place. The victim said she believes the theft took place between 8:45 a.m. June 21 and 2 p.m. June 22.
* A resident of the 500 block of Broad Meadows Boulevard estimated it will cost her $999 to repair a large dent in the door of her vehicle, according to a report filed at 8:50 a.m. June 22. The woman said the damage was inflicted after 7:30 p.m. June 21.
* A Worthington woman, 45, was charged with disorderly conduct at 3 a.m. June 22 in the 5300 block of North High Street.
* A woman who lives in the 200 block of East Como Avenue said at 9:36 p.m. June 21 that her purse, along with four credit cards, $75 worth of makeup, a driver's license and $30 in cash, had turned up missing.
The woman told police she wasn't sure if someone had stolen the purse or if it had been misplaced.