Summer is here, and we know a lot of you will be firing up the grill for July 4th.
But how can you make perfect barbecue at home? We brought in four experts to share what cut of meat to buy, how to prepare it and -- if you don't feel like cooking -- where to go in central Ohio to find great food.
Welcome to "The Great Food Debate," our weekly podcast where we discuss the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio. This week, it’s all about the BBQ.
This episode's panelists are:
• James Anderson, founder of Ray Ray's Hog Pit
• Rick Snyder, manager of Shipley Swine Genetics
• Tony Layne, owner of Por'Ketta food truck
• Matt Ferguson, general manager at City Barbeque in Grove City
Where do you go for barbecue on your day off?
James' pick: City Barbeque, Barrel & Boar (locations in Gahanna, Newark and Westerville), Legacy Smokehouse (340 Greenlawn Ave., Columbus and an upcoming location coming to Old Hilliard) or Moe's Original Bar B Que (locations in Granville and Newark)
• Rick's pick: Ray Ray's Hog Pit
• Tony's pick: Ray Ray's Hog Pit
• Matt's pick: Ray Ray's Hog Pit
Other barbecue restaurants mentioned in this episode:
• Oak Hill Barbecue (60 N. Columbus St., Sunbury)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital.