Whitehall police arrested a man June 26 in connection with a robbery the previous day at Huntington Bank, 4550 E. Broad St.
Police arrested Steven T. Middlebrooks, 41, of Mansfield and charged him with one count of robbery, a third-degree felony.
Whitehall police were called to a report of a theft in progress about 8 p.m. June 26 at the Family Dollar store at East Main Street and Fountain Lane, Whitehall Sgt. John Grebb said.
The suspect and his vehicle matched the description of the suspect in the robbery at Huntington Bank, which occurred shortly before 8 a.m. June 25.
In that robbery, police said Middlebrooks allegedly passed a note to a teller demanding money and stating he had a weapon.
A bank employee told police Middlebrooks, who was carrying a duffel bag, waited for her to complete tasks, then handed her the note, which read, "I have a gun in the bag. Give me $500."
The teller gave Middlebrooks about $400 in $20 bills that contained a dye pack, police said.
He drove away from the bank in a black, four-door sedan, reports said.
Witnesses to the Family Dollar theft provided a license-plate number. Police found the vehicle parked near the store about 10 minutes after the reported theft and arrested Middlebrooks, Grebb said.
Middlebrooks admitted his involvement in the bank robbery during an interview with police, Grebb said.
He was transported to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Burglaries were reported at 9:15 p.m. June 21 in the 300 block of Maplewood Avenue; at 11:10 p.m. June 21 in the 4100 block of Doney Street; at 12:20 a.m. June 24 in the 3500 block of East Main Street; and at 2 p.m. June 24 in the 1000 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Thefts were reported at 3:20 p.m. June 22 in the 2400 block of Beechbank Road; and at 3:35 p.m. June 24 in the 4000 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested a 50-year-old Whitehall man for disorderly conduct after responding to a report of a fight in progress at 2:35 a.m. June 23 in the 4300 block of East Main Street.
* Assaults were reported at 3:55 p.m. June 22 in the 5200 block of East Main Street; and at 8:50 p.m. June 22 in the 4800 block of East Main Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 6:35 a.m. June 24 in the 4800 block of Etna Road; and at 7:15 a.m. June 24 in the 4400 block of San Jose Lane.