An anonymous tip likely will lead to felony drug charges for a 45-year-old Gahanna man.
Officers from the New Albany Police Department at 6:48 p.m. June 22 served a search warrant at the man's residence in the 300 block of Broken Arrow Road in Gahanna.
Police had received a tip in reference to drug sales and obtained a warrant, said Sgt. Joel Strahler.
New Albany police worked with the Gahanna Division of Police, said Sgt. Kris Daniels.
The search yielded a handgun, almost 40 grams of marijuana and nearly 5.5 grams of a substance believed to be cocaine, the sergeants said.
The charges include having weapons under disability -- under indictment or convicted of felony, possession of cocaine, trafficking and aggravated drug trafficking, according to the police report.
The charges would be fourth- and fifth-degree felonies, Daniels said.
Warrants were issued for the man's arrest after the search of his home.
The case remains open and officers had not arrested the man as of last week, Daniels said.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 26-year-old Reynoldsburg woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 9:04 p.m. June 24 at Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and Antmon Round.
* A 19-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 1:03 p.m. June 24 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road.
* A 17-year-old New Albany woman was cited for marijuana possession after a traffic stop at 8:02 p.m. June 23 at Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and Antmon Round.
* A 30-year-old Columbus woman was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use at 12:03 p.m. June 22 after an officer saw a suspicious vehicle in the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road.
* Officers responded at 3:45 a.m. June 20 on a report of theft from a vehicle in the 9200 block of Smith's Mill Road. A purse was taken from the vehicle.
The owners said the vehicle was locked, but no signs of forced entry were found, Strahler said.