Central Market, a downtown Columbus landmark on Fourth Street between Town and Rich streets, is shown being demolished in June 1966.
It was similar to today's North Market, with merchants selling fresh produce, meats, flowers and other items out of stalls or stands.
On the site today is the Greyhound Bus station.
The original Central Market was built in 1814 on High Street, with a second on West State Street, before settling into this final location in 1850.
It was razed as part of an urban renewal project.
The North Market is the only remaining public market out of Columbus' original four.
The East Market, built in 1892 on Mount Vernon Avenue, was destroyed by fire in 1947.
The West Market, on South Gift Street in Franklinton, was built in 1889 and converted into a recreation center in 1926.