A "highly intoxicated" man was arrested by force during Upper Arlington's July 4 celebration after allegedly creating more trouble for one neighborhood.
The 22-year-old Barnesville, Ohio, man was charged with disorderly conduct at 10:56 p.m. July 4 after police responded to the 1600 block of Ridgeview Road on a report that people were throwing trash cans in the area of Ridgeview and Mount Holyoke roads.
According to police, the man was the only one of several people who didn't run from the scene when they arrived.
The police report said officers recognized him as someone who had yelled obscenities at women as they walked past him during the fireworks display earlier that night.
The responding officers said they told the man to take his hands out of his pockets multiple times, and they said he was argumentative. He then allegedly reached back into his pockets and said, "I just want to show you something," at which point, officers stated, they took him to the ground and handcuffed him.
In other recent Upper Arlington police reports:
* A 69-year-old woman in the 2400 block of Northwest Boulevard was charged with improper use of a 911 telephone system after allegedly making several 911 calls between 7:58 a.m. and 12:01 p.m. July 4 when no emergency existed.
* A laptop computer valued at $500, eyeglasses valued at $250 and sunglasses valued at $250 were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 4200 block of Chadbourne Drive between 10 p.m. July 2 and 6 a.m. July 3.
* An Upper Arlington man reported he was walking his dog in the 1200 block of Fishinger Road at 11:40 a.m. July 3 when his dog was attacked and bitten by a "large dog." The report stated the suspect dog and its presumed owner left the scene before police arrived, but it didn't state if that dog was leashed at the time of the incident. Police said the dog that allegedly was bitten showed no visible injuries.
* A purse valued at $200, two wallets valued together at $250, two Ohio driver's licenses and $20 in cash were stolen from a vehicle parked outside a residence in the 1700 block of Ardwick Road between 12:05 and 9 a.m. July 3.
* Prescription medicine valued at $35 was reported stolen from a residence in the 3300 block of Leighton Road between 8 a.m. June 29 and 2 p.m. July 1.
* A man in the 2700 block of Andover Road reported someone damaged the paint of his vehicle while it was parked outside his residence between 11:30 p.m. June 29 and 6 a.m. June 30.
* An employee of a business in the 5000 block of Horizons Drive reported someone placed a set of alligator clips on the control panel of the heating-ventilation and air-conditioning unit, disabling the temperature control function, between 7 p.m. June 25 and 5:16 p.m. June 29.
* A Sandover Road woman reported she was scammed out of $1,600 through an unidentified transaction on Craigslist between midnight June 22 and 12:35 p.m. June 29.