Following the success of our barbecue episode, we'd be remiss if we didn't talk about the all-American burger.
Where can you find the best burger in the Columbus area? That's what this week's podcast is all about.
Welcome to "The Great Food Debate," where we discuss the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio.
This episode's panelists are:
• Shane McCloskey, co-founder of Columbus Grub on Instagram
• Sam Clark, co-founder of Columbus Grub on Instagram
• Vince Tornero, host of the In the Record Store podcast and the Ohio State Fair's podcast, "A Fair to Remember"
• Neil Thompson, editor of content and special projects for ThisWeek Community News
Where can the best burgers be found in central Ohio?
Shane's pick: Red Door Tavern (1736 W. 5th Ave., Columbus)
Sam's pick: Gahanna Grill ( 82 Granville St., Gahanna)
Neil's pick: The Rail (5839 Frantz Road, Dublin)
Vince's pick: Culver's (multiple locations throughout central Ohio and 23 other states)
Other burgers and restaurants mentioned in this episode:
• ButterBurger at Culver's --• NOTE: This is how they spell ButterBurger according to Culver's site
• Mojo burger at The Rail
• Some Like It Hot burger at Gahanna Grill
• The Thurman Cafe (183 Thurman Ave., Columbus)
• Wendy's (multiple locations nationwide)
• Red Robin (multiple locations nationwide)
• Max & Erma's (multiple locations in nine states)
• Five Guys (multiple locations nationwide)
• Bareburger (locations in Clintonville and the Short North, as well as six other states)
• In-N-Out Burger (multiple locations on the west coast)
• Ted's Montana Grill (locations in the Arena District and at Easton Town Center, as well as 14 other states)
• Flavor 91 Bistro (5186 E. Main St., Whitehall)
• IHOb (now back to IHOP -• multiple locations nationwide)
• Gallo's Taproom (locations in Columbus and Powell)
• Graffiti Burger (No longer in business)
• Fuddruckers (no longer in Ohio, but locations in 34 states)
• G.D. Ritzy's (which is making a comeback)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital, and hosted by Abby Armbruster, ThisWeek social-media strategist.