Looking for a bargain and to eat a lot of food (or both)? One of our panelists has a growing list of nearly 20 buffets that he's been to around central Ohio, so we have plenty of suggestions of where to go We talked buffets on this week's episode of "The Great Food Debate," a podcast about the best food, drinks and specialties in central Ohio.
This episode's panelists are:
• Sam Clark, @ColumbusGrub on Instagram co-founder
• Lee Cochran, ThisWeek Community News managing editor
• Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital
• Lisa Proctor, ThisWeek community editor
Where can the best buffet be found in central Ohio?
• Sam's pick: Cheshire Market (5094 Cheshire Road, Galena)
• Lee's pick: Massey's Pizza (nine locations across central Ohio) and Champps (1827 Olentangy River Road, Columbus)
• Scott's pick: Mongolian BBQ/Cheng’s Buffet & Grill (1271 Log Pond Drive, Newark), The Olde Dutch Restaurant (12791 OH-664, Logan) and Oriental Super Buffet (445 Underwood St., Zanesville)
• Lisa's pick: Schmidt's Sausage Haus and Restaurant (240 E. Kossuth St., Columbus)
Other buffets or restaurants mentioned in this episode:
• Der Dutchman Restaurant (445 S. Jefferson Ave., Plain City)
• Sushi Time (2653 N. High St., Columbus)
• Aab India (locations in Columbus and Bexley)
• Eat'n Park (the closest location is in Medina)
• Shoney's (the closest location is in Dover)
• York Steak House (4220 W. Broad St., Columbus)
• Ponderosa Steakhouse (3875 S. High St., Columbus, as well as other locations nationwide)
• Bonanza Steakhouse (locations in seven other states)
• Ryan's (the closest locations are in Kentucky and West Virginia)
• Ruby Tuesday (locations in Grove City and Powell)
• Max & Erma's (nine locations around central Ohio)
• Matt the Miller's (locations in Columbus, Dublin and Polaris)
• KFC (locations nationwide)
• Rax Restaurant (800 E. Main St., Lancaster)
• Wendy's (locations nationwide, but buffet no longer available)
• Pizza Inn (the closest location is in Kentucky)
• Amul India (5871 Sawmill Road, Dublin)
• Gabby's Place Bar and Grill (3120 Olentangy River Road, Delaware)
• Texas de Brazil (4040 Easton Station, Suite E 105, Columbus)
• Rodizio Grill (125 W. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus)
• New Harvest Cafe and Urban Arts Center (1675 Arlington Ave., Columbus)
• HomeTown Buffet (the closest location is in Toledo)
• Dragon House (958 Galloway Road, Galloway)
• Asian Star China Buffet (locations in Dublin and Reynoldsburg)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital, and hosted by Abby Armbruster, ThisWeek social-media strategist.