A 28-year-old man told an officer at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 23 that he believes a person who was permitted to stay at his apartment in the 900 block of North Meadows Boulevard while he was at work stole some of his possessions worth a total of $4,950.
The items the victim listed included a $2,000 pair of sunglasses, a safe valued at $250 and $400 worth of medication.
In other Northland-area police reports:
* A woman, 39, said she was robbed of her purse at 7:40 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 5100 block of Milbank Road.
The victim said a suspect she didn't know pushed her, knocking off her glasses, and then made off with a white purse worth $35 containing a "blue wallet with sparkles" as well as her Social Security card, driver's license, credit card, checkbook and $28 in cash.
* A woman said she was delayed in reporting being robbed of her $200 cellphone by one of a group of people who had harassed her and her husband in the 4600 block of Tamarack Boulevard at 11 a.m. Aug. 23 because they are both deaf and had to find an interpreter.
Communicating through that interpreter, the victim said the person who took her phone was one of four to five people who picked on the couple. "At one point, the suspect pushed the victim onto the ground and took her cellphone," the report stated. "The police were not called immediately because the victims had to find someone that they could sign to and then call the police. The victim and her husband stated the suspect is known in the area and were able to provide, and spell, the suspect's name."
* An employee of an apartment complex in the 5600 block of Ironwood Court said that when he reported for work at 8 p.m. Aug. 22, three people approached him to complain of having been defrauded of various amounts of money.
The three, a 59-year-old man, 56-year-old woman and another man, 20, said they provided the money to a suspect for an application to get an apartment but never received the keys. The amounts were $154, $920 and $700.
* A resident of the 2100 block of Brittany Road said he was sitting on his porch at 9:15 p.m. Aug. 21 when a man with a gun approached and tried to rob him. The victim, 18, said he jumped off the side of the porch and ran around the house, but tripped and fell. At that point, he said, the suspect put the gun to his head. The victim told the responding officer that he would not know if anything had been taken until he took an inventory.
* A laptop computer valued at $350 was stolen in a burglary in the 4700 block of Larkin Road that was reported at 3 p.m. Aug. 22. The victim, a 52-year-old woman, said the break-in took place between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. July 17.
* A 61-year-old woman who lives in the 1200 block of Linderwood Road North filed a criminal damaging complaint at 11:15 a.m. Aug. 22 after discovering bullet holes in the stucco of her home. The victim said she heard several gunshots at 11:50 the previous evening.
* A 33-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman accused one another of assault at 1:25 a.m. Aug. 20 in the 1200 of East Dublin-Granville Road.
* A woman, 34, said her boyfriend assaulted her at 1 a.m. Aug. 17 in the 4900 block of Atwater Drive. The victim said the suspect punched her in the right eye with a closed fist and grabbed her by the neck after they got into an argument about her placing clothing on the bed in which he had been sleeping.
The woman refused medical treatment, according to the report.