Just before the end of summer, we're talking about where to find the best seafood in central Ohio. On this week's episode, we were joined by Brian Hinshaw, the executive corporate chef for Cameron Mitchell Restaurants. He discussed which dish you should order if you aren't familiar with seafood and how the various restaurants under Cameron Mitchell ensure the freshest fish and crustaceans on a daily basis.
As fate would have it, we talked to Brian just weeks before the Cameron Mitchell Restaurants' 25th-anniversary party, which is in October, to celebrate Cameron's American Bistro opening 25 years ago. The bistro is the first of Cameron Mitchell Restaurants' now 55 restaurants in 13 states.
Welcome to "The Great Food Debate," where we discuss the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio. This week's topic: seafood!
This episode's panelists are:
• Brian Hinshaw, senior vice president of food and beverage and executive corporate chef for Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
• Neil Thompson, ThisWeek Community News editor of content and special projects
• Scott Hummel, ThisWeek Community News assistant managing editor, digital
Where can the best seafood be found in central Ohio?
• Brian's pick: Akai Hana (1173 Old Henderson Road, Columbus), Windward Passage (4739 Reed Road, Columbus), Third & Hollywood (1433 W. Third Ave., Grandview Heights), Min-Ga Korean Restaurant (800 Bethel Road, Columbus), Lindey's (169 E. Beck St., Columbus)
• Neil's pick: The Pearl (641 N. High St., Columbus), Frank's Fish and Seafood Market (5251 Trabue Road, Columbus), Sushi.com Japanese Restaurant (7178 Muirfield Drive, Dublin)
• Scott's pick: Phil's Seafood (2207 Linden Ave., Zanesville), Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips (the closest location remaining are in Cleveland and Cuyahoga Falls)
Other restaurants mentioned in this episode:
• Mitchell's Ocean Club (4002 Easton Station, Columbus)
• Harvey & Ed's (698 N. High St., Columbus)
• North Market (59 Spruce St., Columbus)
• Hudson 29 (1600 W. Lane Ave., Upper Arlington)
• Tensuke Market (1155 Old Henderson Road, Columbus)
• HoneyDip Donuts & Diner (4480 Kenny Road, Columbus)
• Penzey's Spices (4455 Kenny Road, Columbus)
• Cameron's American Bistro (2185 W. Dublin Granville Road, Worthington)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital, and hosted by Abby Armbruster, ThisWeek social-media strategist.