Grove City police said four people reported credit cards were stolen Aug. 27 from their lockers at the YMCA, 3600 Discovery Drive, and used to make unauthorized purchases.
Police first took a report from a New Holland man who said his credit cards were taken between 8 and 9 a.m. while he was working out. He said he left the facility after gathering his belongings and was contacted at 3:40 p.m. by his credit card company informing him of charges totaling $2,757 that were made at a Grove City gas station and two stores in Springfield.
Officers also took reports from three Grove City men who reported their credit cards were taken during the morning from their lockers.
The first man said his stolen credit card was used to make $5,444 in charges in a store at Polaris Fashion Place.
The second man reported purchases totaling $2,812 were made with his card at another Polaris Fashion Place store.
The third man told police an attempt was made to purchase items valued at $2,900 at a store in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road, but it was declined.
In other recent Grove City police reports:
* Officers were dispatched Aug. 25 to a business in the 6100 block of Enterprise Parkway on a report of a stolen semi-trailer truck being tracked to the location. The Columbus Division of Police advised it was taking a stolen vehicle report on the semi-trailer and asked Grove City to confirm it was at the shop.
The semi-trailer, valued at $100,000, was found at the shop, but a trailer that had been attached to it was missing.
The semi-trailer is owned by a Bowling Green, Kentucky, company.
* Officers responded Aug. 24 to two reports of thefts of tools from work vehicles that occurred overnight.
A Michigan man told police tools valued at $1,830 were stolen from his company van while it was parked at a business in the 4100 block of Parkway Centre Drive.
A resident in the 1300 block of Red Bank Drive reported tools valued at $818 were taken from his company truck, which was parked in the street in front of his house.
In both cases a door lock was punched in to gain entry to the vehicle, according to reports.
* A resident in the 2800 block of Louise Place reported Aug. 26 he returned home from a trip to find two flat-screen televisions, a gold coin and two inactive credit cards had been stolen from his house. The theft occurred between 10 a.m. Aug. 17 and 11:59 p.m. Aug. 21. Total loss was $2,650, reports stated.
* A resident in the 2800 block of Parlin Drive told police two video-game systems and a flashlight were stolen Aug. 27 from his home. Total loss was $650, reports stated.
* A Grove City man reported his pistol, valued at $590, was stolen Aug. 29 from his friend's vehicle while it was parked in the 3600 block of Discovery Drive. The man had been a passenger in the car. He said he and his friend were away from the car for about an hour, according to reports.