A 38-year-old Columbus man was charged with theft after admitting to stealing locks valued at $101.97 on Sept. 4 from a business in the 6500 block of Dublin Center Drive.
The theft was reported at 3:10 p.m. Sept. 10, according to Dublin police department incident reports. The man completed a return without a receipt and was reimbursed for the locks, in addition to blinds he brought into the store.
Police identified the man through security footage and his Ohio driver license and when the man went to the Dublin police station as requested, the man admitted to the theft of the locks. He was told to return to Dublin Mayor's Court answer the theft charges.
In other recent Dublin police incident reports:
* A 20-year-old Columbus woman was charged with the theft of $40 in household items. The incident was reported at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 12 in the 7100 block of Hospital Drive.
* A 36-year-old woman was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Sept. 12 at Post Road and Perimeter Drive.
* A 26-year-old man was charged with marijuana-drug abuse Sept. 11 in the 6600 block of Woerner-Temple Road.
* A 36-year-old woman was charged with drug abuse Sept. 11 in the 3700 block of West Dublin-Granville Road.
* A 32-year-old woman was charged with marijuana-drug abuse Sept. 11 in the 7100 block of Sawmill Road.
* Prescription pills were reported stolen at 3 p.m. Sept. 10 from the initial block of West Bridge Street.
* Property and cash totaling $140 was reported stolen at 7:17 p.m. Sept. 10 in the 6300 block of Sawmill Road.
* Jewelry, household items and electronics worth a combined total of $1,875 were reported stolen at 5:44 p.m. Sept. 10 from a residence in the 5400 Briardale Lane.
* An incident of forgery was reported Sept. 10 in the 6700 block of Perimeter Loop Road.
* Sexual imposition was reported at 1:26 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 6900 block of Kilimanjaro Court.
* A 28-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Sept. 9 in the 6600 block of Perimeter Loop Road.
* A 48-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Sept. 9 in the 6700 block of Village Parkway.
* A resident of the 5600 block of Morlich Square at 7:49 a.m. Sept. 8 told police someone poured a sticky hardening substance on his car and wrote "pig" three times on his garage.
Damages were reported to be $900. It is the second criminal damaging incident the resident has had in the last month.
* A 24-year-old man was charged with marijuana-drug abuse Sept. 7 in the 5100 block of Upper Metro Place.
* A public indecency incident was reported Sept. 7 at a business in the 6200 block of Sawmill Road.
* A $5,500 trailer was reported stolen at 8:11 a.m. Sept. 7 from a parking lot at Bridge Park Avenue and Dale Drive.