An administrator with a retirement home in the 5100 block of North High Street told Columbus police a dentist slapped a woman in her 90s at 10:23 a.m. Oct. 22 "after the victim spit at him while he was working on her mouth," according to a report taken at 12:50 p.m. that day.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A resident of the 100 block of Olentangy Street told an officer at 5:34 p.m. Oct. 24 that between 1:15 and 1:39 p.m. that day, a woman with whom he "hooked up" on Tinder for a one-night stand began texting him, even after he told her he wanted nothing further to do with her.
* A woman filed a miscellaneous offense complaint at 4:47 a.m. Oct. 23 after someone unscrewed an exterior light bulb at her residence in the 200 block of Sunset Cove and left the area on foot.
The victim told police the same suspect has unscrewed the bulb seven times in the past two months.
* An official with a church in the 4100 block of North High Street told an officer at 12:45 p.m. Oct. 23 that the congregation had been the victim of fraud while paying for a construction project.
The amount involved, according to reports, was $32,480 and the crime took place between Aug. 22 and Sept. 14.
* An officer was dispatched at 10:48 a.m. Oct. 22 to a home in the 100 block of Oakland Park Avenue regarding the theft of a $15,000 diamond engagement ring.
A man said the ring was taken between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Oct. 20 and that he suspects an employee of a moving company he had hired that day.
He said one of the employees asked to use the bathroom in the home's master suite, where the ring and his wife's jewelry were kept.
* A report of menacing was taken at 2:10 p.m. Oct. 22 from a woman who lives in the 100 block of West Pacemont Road. The woman said her boyfriend threatened her at noon that day.
* A representative of a business in the 2800 block of North High Street reported at 10:38 a.m. Oct. 20 that someone had been skimming profits.
The person said the embezzlement dated to Aug. 20 and that the amount involved was $1,500.