A 51-year-old man in the 5300 block of Pine Bluff Road told police Oct. 25 his dogs alerted him that his residence had been broken into between 2 and 2:15 p.m. and $10,000 worth of jewelry was stolen.
"He stated he left the front door unlocked and his dogs were in the backyard," according to the responding officer. "He stated when he came home, his dogs were acting strange and kept going to a back bedroom. Victim stated he went to the room and discovered a jewelry box was opened. When he went to close it, he discovered the contents missing. Victim stated the box contained various pieces of random jewelry he had collected over the years."
In other Northland-area police reports:
* A juvenile said he sustained a fractured right hand after being forcibly placed in a chair at 2 p.m. Oct. 24 in the 4600 block of Heaton Road. The report listed the matter as a felonious assault.
* A 27-year-old man said someone broke into his apartment in the 2400 block of Mallards Landing at 3 a.m. Oct. 24 and stole a $600 television and a gaming system worth $250.
* A 53-year-old woman who lives in the 5600 block of Roche Drive reported at midnight Oct. 23 that days earlier, she received a threatening text message. The victim said that at 6 p.m. Oct. 13, a person she named sent a message stating that he would "make sure she and everyone she cares about hurts," she told the responding officer.
"The victim said she is very fearful the suspect is going to physically hurt her," he noted in his report.
* The mother of a boy and a girl filed an assault complaint at 6:11 p.m. Oct. 22 after they allegedly had semen rubbed on them by a student who was riding on a bus with them near the intersection of Sinclair and East Dublin-Granville roads. The woman said the incident, during which the seventh-grader began masturbating on the bus, took place at 3:45 p.m. that day. The matter was turned over to the assault squad, according to the report.
* Three televisions worth a combined $1,100 and $550 in cash were reported stolen at 4:04 p.m. Oct. 19 during a burglary in the 5600 block of Ironwood Court.
The victim, a 35-year-old woman, said the break-in took place after 8:17 that morning.