Delaware police said a resident of the 100 block of Deerfield Place was defrauded out of $29,950 in an incident reported at 3:13 p.m. Oct. 28.
The woman deposited two checks totaling that amount in order to forward money to other parties, but the bank determined the checks were forgeries, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A 42-year-old man was charged with assault and taken to the county jail after an incident reported at 11:58 p.m. Oct. 28 in the first block of Maple Street.
* An aggressive dog that prevented residents from leaving their home in the 500 block of Durham Lane at 6:33 a.m. Oct. 24 was snared and transported to the county dog warden, reports said.
* A car that had been stolen in New Jersey was found in a parking lot in the 1700 block of Columbus Pike at 7:52 a.m. Oct. 30, according to reports.
* A total of $220 in cash was stolen in a theft reported at 4:28 p.m. Oct. 28 at a residence in the 2270 block of Warrensburg Road.
* Police stopped a man for not having lights on his bicycle about 9:16 p.m. Oct. 29 in the 500 block of London Road, then discovered the man was wanted on a warrant and took him to the county jail, reports said.
* A 25-year-old woman reportedly was charged with possessing drug-abuse instruments following a traffic stop at 12:10 a.m. Oct. 27 in the 500 block of West Central Avenue.
* License plates were stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of Pebble Place in a theft reported at 7:21 a.m. Oct. 27.
* A dog owner who had been given a previous warning was cited for allowing a dog to run at large at 1:39 p.m. Oct. 25 in the 100 block of Griswold Street, reports said.
* After controlled substances were discovered during a traffic stop at 12:59 p.m. Oct. 24 at Sandusky Street and Belle Avenue, a 51-year-old man was taken to the county jail and a 37-year-old woman was issued a summons, reports said.
* Charges are pending against a man accused of breaking the windows on a car owned by his girlfriend, who was trying to move out at 12:29 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 100 block of West Harrison Street, according to reports.