Someone tried to trick a resident of the first block of Snowberry Drive with a fraudulent $2,450 check in an incident reported to Delaware police at 11:50 a.m. Nov. 20.
The resident told officers she received the check as payment for being a secret shopper, but the sender of the check asked her to send money back after cashing the check.
The woman felt uneasy about the situation and contacted police.
The check was not cashed and no money was lost, reports said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Drugs were found in a parked vehicle at 12:03 a.m. Nov. 27 in the 1720 block of Columbus Pike, reports said.
* A 53-foot semitrailer valued at $10,000 was taken in a theft reported at 4:06 p.m. Nov. 26 in the 2000 block of Nutter Farm Lane.
* A house plant valued at $5 was stolen during a break-in reported at 8:11 a.m. Nov. 26 in the first block of Kilbourne Road.
* A soft drink valued at $1.89 was stolen in a theft reported at 3:16 p.m. Nov. 26 in the 100 block of West William Street.
* A total of $100 in cash was stolen in a theft reported at 7:55 a.m. Nov. 26 in the 1100 block of Columbus Pike.
* A dog running at large bit another dog in its owner's yard in an incident reported at 7:52 a.m. Nov. 25 in the first block of Ohio Street.
* A report of animal cruelty was taken when a dog was found alone in a residence at 11:20 a.m. Nov. 25 in the first block of Branch Street.
* Items valued at $80 were stolen from a parked vehicle in a theft reported at 5:45 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 100 block of South Sandusky Street.
* A resident of the 100 block of Blue Spruce Court reported loaning a vehicle to a known person, who then gave it to another person. The vehicle was impounded and recovered in Mansfield, police said. The incident was reported at 9:12 p.m. Nov. 24.
* Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found during a traffic stop at 12:03 a.m. Nov. 24 at Columbus Pike and Cottswold Drive.
* Drugs were found during a traffic stop at 1:08 a.m. Nov. 24 at Central Avenue and Northwood Drive, according to reports.
* A man was charged with felonious assault and taken to the Delaware County jail after his girlfriend reported he hit her and knocked out teeth in an incident reported at 3:07 a.m. Nov. 24 on Hayes Street.
* An SUV was reported stolen in a theft reported at 12:35 p.m. Nov. 24 in the 100 block of Lexington Boulevard.
* A small amount of cash was stolen in a break-in reported at 4:15 a.m. Nov. 23 in the 1100 block of Columbus Pike.
* A minivan, cash and a debit card were reported missing at 10:16 a.m. Nov. 23 in the first block of Baywood Drive. The vehicle was returned to the owner, but fraudulent charges estimated at $800 to $1,000 were made with the debit card, according to reports.
* A man was arrested after trying to pass a forged check for $919 in an incident reported at 2:40 p.m. Nov. 23 in the 100 block of North Sandusky Street.
* A report of a loose dog biting another dog that was being walked by its owner was taken at 4:42 p.m. Nov. 23 in the 100 block of West Hull Drive.
* A vehicle stolen in Morrow County was returned to its owner after it was found at Central Avenue and Estelle Street at 1:34 a.m. Nov. 21, reports said.
* A man and woman tried to steal items valued at $664 before fleeing the scene without the merchandise in an incident reported at 4:20 a.m. Nov. 20 at a business in the 1100 block of Sunbury Road.
* Drug-abuse instruments reportedly were found in a vehicle at 12:23 p.m. Nov. 20 in the 100 block of South Sandusky Street.
* A motorist was charged with possession of marijuana during a traffic stop at 11:20 p.m. Nov. 20 at Richards Drive and Penick Avenue.