Gahanna police recently responded to a call for extra patrol after damage was reported at High Point Elementary School, 700 Venetian Way, according to a report received at 10 a.m. Nov. 14.
The principal asked for extra watch on the playground and soccer fields in the evening, because unidentified persons had been loitering outside and damaging the soccer and playground equipment, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A man and woman were picking through trash at a Highmeadow Court residence, according to a report received at 12:47 p.m. Nov. 20. They were spreading trash everywhere and leaving a mess, reports said. The resident cleaned the trash and the parties who made the mess received a warning for littering, according to reports.
* A vehicle was rummaged through at a residence on Thayer Drive and a coat was left inside the car, according to a report received at 10:21 a.m. Nov. 20.
* Change was stolen from two unlocked vehicles on Thayer Drive, according to a report received at 5:04 p.m. Nov. 19.
* An angry parent was reported at Lincoln Elementary School, 515 Havens Corners Road, according to a disturbance report received at 2:35 p.m. Nov. 19.
* Change was stolen from a vehicle on Tamara Drive North, according to a report received at 2:48 a.m. Nov. 19.
* A Bertram Drive resident reported his neighbor's vehicle was broken into and two juveniles were seen running to the east, according to a report received at 2:07 a.m. Nov. 19.
* The tires of a vehicle were slashed at a residence in the first block of Bird Street, according to a report received at 4:34 p.m. Nov. 18. The damaged occurred within the previous two days, reports said.
* Juveniles were reportedly fighting at Woodside Green Park, 213 Camrose Court, according to a report received at 3:43 p.m. Nov. 17. Police were advised the youths were running toward Ridenour Road.
People on the path to Academy Park didn't see anyone, reports said.
Once located, the juveniles said it was hide-and-seek and no fight happened, according to reports.
* Tools were missing from a truck in the 900 block of Ridenour Road, according to a theft report received at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 17. The items were last seen at 10 p.m. and discovered missing at 8 a.m. Nov. 17, reports said.
* A parent visited police headquarters at 11:21 a.m. Nov. 16 regarding an incident that had occurred at Gahanna Middle School West, 350 N. Stygler Road. A student was being harassed over a social media post, reports said.
The principal is aware of the incident, reports said.
* A West Johnstown Road resident reporting receiving a call from a scammer and wanted to speak to an officer, according to a report received at 2:26 p.m. Nov. 14. He was referred to the Ohio Attorney General's Office to report a scam, reports said.