For Hilliard Davidson, the week was a little anticlimactic as the only thing sitting between the Wildcats and their first Super 7 poll championship since 2015 was Westland, which closed the season with one win. Predictably, the Wildcats cruised to a 49-13 victory. Reynoldsburg beat Lancaster to earn a share of the OCC-Ohio Division title and remained No. 2.
After that there was a bit of jockeying. Hilliard Bradley, which was supplanted at No. 3 by Dublin Coffman a week ago, moved back to third as the Shamrocks and Pickerington Central tied for fourth. The Tigers, the defending Division I state champions, were the preseason No. 1.
Hartley wrapped up the CCL title with a victory over St. Charles to stay sixth, and joining the poll was Whitehall at No. 7. The Rams toppled previously unbeaten London to capture the MSL-Ohio title.
Below is the poll as selected by ThisWeekSPORTS.com writers. A unanimous selection is 77 points:
1. Hilliard Davidson (9-1), 74 points, eight first-place votes. Last game: Defeated Westland 49-13. Last week: No. 1
2. Reynoldsburg (9-1), 67 points, three first-place votes. Last game: Def. Lancaster 28-7. Last week: No. 2
3. Hilliard Bradley (9-1), 48 points. Last game: Def. Delaware 49-0. Last week: No. 4
4, tie. Dublin Coffman (9-1), 43 points. Last game: Def. Upper Arlington 17-0. Last week: No. 3
4, tie. Pickerington Central (8-2), 43 points. Last game: Def. Grove City 40-0. Last week: No. 5
6. Hartley (8-2), 15 points. Last game: Def. St. Charles 6-3. Last week: No. 6
7. Whitehall (9-1), 7 points. Last game: Def. London 34-15. Last week: Not ranked.
Also receiving votes: Hilliard Darby 4, Canal Winchester 3, Eastmoor Academy 2, Olentangy Orange 1, Walnut Ridge 1
Dropped out: No. 7 Eastmoor Academy