Westerville Parks and
Westerville Parks and
350 N. Cleveland Ave.
For more information and to register for the following programs, call the community center hotline at 901-6500 or visit www.westerville.org.
• Registration for spring classes begins Saturday, March 7, for residents, and Monday, March 9, for non-residents. The Spring Parks and Recreation Department Brochure will be available starting Feb. 25 at the Westerville Community Center, Westerville Senior Center, Westerville City Hall, Westerville Public Library, Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Westerville Visitors and Convention Bureau, as well as online at www.westerville.org.
• Valentine's Dance for participants in the Access to Recreation program will be held from 4 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 28. Non-members will be charged $2 at the door. Register by calling Darcy Baxter at (614) 901-6543.
• Family Night at the Community Center, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturdays, March 7 and April 4. The $5 cost of admission includes snacks as well as use of the gymnasium, game room, climbing wall and pool. Open to ages 3 and older.
• Fairy Wings and Glitter for ages 2-5 and a parent will be held from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, March 9-30. Participants will create pixie wands, wings and woodland friends. Cost is $40 for residents, $50 for non-residents, plus a $10 materials fee paid to the instructor at the first class.
• Big Screen Video Games, for ages 9-17 to test their skills against others on PS2, Wii or their own system. Snacks will be provided for this one-day program from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 12. Cost is $15 for residents, $20 for residents.
• Diva for a Day is a hands-on program in which children ages 7-11 can get pampered and learn tips about hair styling. The class will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, March 14. Come with a clean face, washcloth and make-up brush. Other supplies will be provided. Cost is $20 for residents, $25 for non-residents.
• An evening of dance for the entire family is planned for Saturdays, March 14 and April 11. Edie and Alan Driskill will teach the latest dance steps.
• St. Paddy's Day Art Fun features a variety of theme crafts on Saturday, March 16. Ages 2-5 will meet from 1 to 2 p.m.; fee is $10 for residents and $15 for non-residents. Ages 5-9 will meet from 6 to 7:15 p.m.; fee is $15 for residents and $20 for non-residents. An additional materials fee - $8 for ages 2-5, $10 for ages 5-9 - is due to the instructor at the class.
• Teen Scene, a drop-in gaming program for teens, is open from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Community Center. It is open to students with the purchase of a $5 Resident Card or a $7.50 Non-Resident Card. Students can play Wii games, Guitar Hero, pool, foosball and more. Call Darcy Baxter at (614) 901-6543.