Reynoldsburg police were called to investigate several school-related incidents over the past two weeks.

Reynoldsburg police were called to investigate several school-related incidents over the past two weeks.

Officers were dispatched to Reynoldsburg High School, 6699 E. Livington Ave., Oct. 18 to investigate reports that an intoxicated substitute teacher was teaching in an English class.

The reporting officer said he was dispatched at 12:23 p.m. He said school officials told him that teachers had reported at the start of second period that a substitute teacher might be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

The principal told police she confronted the teacher as soon as she learned he might be intoxicated and asked him how things were going, and he told her it had been a rough week, according to the report. The principal said she told him she also received a call from a parent with a few concerns about his first-period class. She had him stand by in another area of the school until she could investigate the concerns.

The principal told the officer she sent the substitute teacher home but was concerned about him driving home. She said the teacher told her he "just had to go home and take a nap," according to the report. She told the teacher he was jeopardizing his employment, then he left and walked out of the building, according to the police report.

The officer went to the man's address, where he said the man"admitted to being very overwhelmed and stressed" but would not answer when he was asked if he had been drinking or had taken any medication. The officer said he talked to the man's 13-year-old son, who was home sick from school, "who told me that everything was OK."

In another school-related report, officers were dispatched at 4:35 p.m. Oct. 23 to Waggoner Road Junior High, 360 S. Waggoner Road, because a teacher reported a male student had said in the middle of class that he was going to "go home and shoot up the block." He told the teacher he was referring to a favorite video game, Grand Theft Auto, and that he did not mean it in real life.

According to the police report, the assistant principal met with the boy and his mother and the boy admitted "he was wrong for making such a statement."

His mother told police the boy does not own the videogame and does not have access to any firearms. She stated she was going to begin looking through his room more often "to ensure there are no more indicators that he may be planning an attack of some sort," according to the report.

The reporting officer said when he spoke to the boy, the boy began to cry and said he was just talking in class and did not mean for it to turn into what it did. The officer said the mother was informed that she should have her son be seen by a mental health professional.

In a third school-related incident, a 14-year-old girl told police Oct. 18 that she "was jumped by five to six girls" after the high school football game while she was in front of Reynoldsburg High School, 6699 E. Livingston Ave. and that she suffered injuries.

The reporting officer said the girl had a small amount of dried blood coming from her right nostril and she said her head hurt from being repeatedly punched in the back of the head. Medics arrived to check out the girl, according to the report.

The girl told police the girls who attacked her crossed the street from Woodview Plaza apartments, but she was unable to identify any of the attackers. The incident is still under investigation.

In other Reynoldsburg police reports:

* A burglary occurred just before 1:21 a.m. Oct. 19 at a business in the 1200 block of Brice Road. The reporting officer said an alarm was sounding when police arrived, but all the exterior doors were locked and secure.

One of the officers discovered an unlocked door along the north side of the building and found a storage room leading to the rest of the store. He said a K-9 unit from the Pataskala Division of Police arrived to check out the store and make sure no one was inside.

Police found a large plexiglas jewelry spinner case lying on the floor. The manager of the store said the case had been full of 10-karat gold earrings, but did not know how many were in the case.