The following is a list of Columbus and Franklin County Metropolitan Park District programs for this week.
Battelle-Darby Creek Metro Park
1775 Darby Creek Drive, Galloway
• Brown Bag Special: Cold Blooded Critters, 11:30 a.m. Friday at the Ranger Station. Meet some reptiles and amphibians.
• Yoga in the Park, 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Ranger Station. Learn basic yoga movements. Bring a mat or a blanket.
• Fishing With a Ranger, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the Pleasant Valley bulletin board, 9137 state Route 62. For ages 15 and younger. Poles and bait provided.
• Preschoolers: What's the Buzz?, 9:30 or 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Nature Center. Explore the lives of mosquitoes through a story, song and activity.
• Photo Basics: Lightning and Weather Photography, 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Cedar Ridge Lodge. Learn how to achieve great results photographing these tricky subjects.
Blacklick Woods Metro Park
6975 E. Livingston Ave., Reynoldsburg
• Hummingbirds, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nature Center. Watch for these tiny flyers and learn how to attract them to your yard.
• Nature Kids: Bird Song Blitz, 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Monday at the Nature Center. Seek out nesting birds and learn their calls and habitat.
• Preschoolers: Frog Fun, 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Beech Maple Lodge. Share a story and song about frogs, then look for them in Ashton Pond.
Blendon Woods Metro Park
4265 state Route 161 E., Westerville
• Family Caterpillar Crawl, 10 a.m. Saturday at the Nature Center. Take a 1.5-mile walk and look for monarch caterpillars in the milkweed patches.
Glacier Ridge Metro Park
9801 Hyland Croy Road, Plain City
• Nature Tram Ride, 1 or 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the bulletin board at the main entrance picnic area. View nature's beauty on a 45-minute tram ride.
Highbanks Metro Park
9466 U.S. 23 N., Lewis Center
• Junior Ranger Training, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Nature Center. Help the rangers perform first aid, clean up the park and find a missing person using two-way radios. For ages 6-10.
• Metro Five-0: Butterfly Survey, 9:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Nature Center. Take a two-hour off-trail survey to monitor butterflies. Bring water. For ages 50 and older.
Inniswood Metro Gardens
940 Hempstead Road, Westerville
• Sunny Sundays, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the Herb Garden. Members of the Herb Society of America Central Ohio Unit will be available to answer questions.
• Blooming Orchids, 10 a.m. Saturday at the Education Pavilion. Join the Wild Ones and learn about Ohio's native orchids. Non-members welcome.
• Gardening with Succulents, 2 p.m. Saturday at the Education Pavilion. Learn how to grow and care for succulents.
• Water's Incredible Journey, 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday at the Education Pavilion. "Become" a water molecule and take an imaginative trip through the water cycle. For ages 8 and younger (accompanied by an adult).
Sharon Woods Metro Park
6911 Cleveland Ave., Westerville
• Family Campfire Sing-Along, 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Schrock Lake West bulletin board. Join local musician Joanie Calem for songs and roasting marshmallows around the campfire. Bring seating.
Slate Run Metro Park
1375 state Route 674 N., Canal Winchester
• Lightning Bugs Light the Way, 9:15 p.m. Saturday at the Slate Run Wetlands. Bring a jar and try to catch lightning bugs in the fields. All lightning bugs will be released at the end of the walk.
• Natural Play Area: Salamander Search, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Shady Grove Program Area. Look for salamanders in the creek and the woods throughout the Natural Play Area.
Slate Run Living Historical Farm
1375 state Route 674 N., Canal Winchester
• Puzzles, Pleasures and Pastimes, 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Try games, riddles and activities that Victorian families did for fun and relaxation.
• A-Hunting We Will Go, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, June 11-15. Pick up a list at the farm house and do a scavenger hunt.
Three Creeks Park
3860 Bixby Road, Groveport
• Campfire Building 101, 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Confluence Trails bulletin board. Learn campfire-building tricks that work every time.
Interpreters and assistive listening devices for persons with hearing impairments are available for any program. Call 891-0700 (TDD 895-6240) to schedule these services.