Upcoming programs and events at the Bexley Public Library, 2411 E. Main St., are listed below.
Upcoming programs and events at the Bexley Public Library, 2411 E. Main St., are listed below. The library is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. For more information, call 614-231-2793.
Come learn how you can raise chickens and stay legal in Bexley from the city's animal control officer, Amy Jennings, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 3.
INTERNATIONAL TABLETOP DAY
The library will celebrate International Tabletop Day by featuring board games from noon to 4 p.m Saturday, April 5, in youth services. There will be board games available for all ages, or feel free to bring a favorite.
MONEY SMART WEEK
Several programs are planned as part of Money Smart Week, April 5-12. Topics range from saving at the grocery to bookkeeping.
Topics and dates are:
* College Readiness -- 7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, April 7, for parents and students. Beth Probst from "At the Core" will discuss changes in the application process, what colleges are looking for in applicants and strategies for choosing a career path.
* Cleverly Simple Grocery Savings Workshop -- 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 8, for adults. Lynette Rice, from CleverlySimple, returns to discuss realistic couponing, strategic grocery shopping and meal planning. Participants will receive a workbook.
* First Time Home-Buying and Fraud Protection -- 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, for adults. Representatives from Fifth Third Bank will give an overview of the home buying process, credit guidelines, refinancing, home equity and fraud protection.
* Elmo's "S" is for Savings -- 4 to 5 p.m. Thursday, April 10, for preschoolers. Elmo and PNC Bank will help children learn about saving, spending and sharing.
* Small Business Bookkeeping -- 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, for adults. Suzanne Shively will discuss starting a business and bookkeeping.
EDIBLE BOOK FESTIVAL
Families are invited to create a book-related treat and bring it to the library to be entered into the contest, photographed and consumed from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 6. All entries must be edible and relate to a book, be inspired by a title, a pun on the title, or be in the shape of a book. Individual, family, teen and professional entries are welcome.
WILD ABOUT BOOKS CLUB
Youth in grades K-2 can explore and connect with nature through stories, play, and a science or art activity from 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, April 7.
The Community Helpers Series for youth of all ages will feature Meet the Mayor from 11 a.m. to noon April 12.
Bexley Mayor Ben Kessler will visit and share about all he does to keep the city running smoothly.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The library's board of trustees will meet at 5 p.m. April 17 in the library board boom.