Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
• "Once a Month Cooking" class, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 2. An experienced facilitator will explain how to spend one day cooking and freezing meals for the entire month. Fee is $18 and includes a book.
• Pilates classes will be offered on Wednesdays from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. beginning March 3. Four-week series is open to adults of all fitness levels. Series cost is $32.
• Baby Care Basics, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Sunday, March 4. A Grady nurse will teach how to prepare your home for a baby, feeding, diapering and what to do when the baby is ill, among other topics. Cost is $30 per couple.
• American Sign Language, six-week series for people age 12 and older. Class taught by instructor with a master's in deaf education will meet from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sundays beginning March 7. Cost is $50 per person.
• Breastfeeding preparation class,7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, March 8. Lactation educator will discuss breast physiology and positioning, feeding cues, nutrition and storage. Schedule class two to six weeks before due date. Cost is $25 per couple; pre-registration is necessary.
• Sunbury Diabetes Support Group will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, March 8 at the Sunbury United Methodist Church,100 W. Cherry St. Speaker Danielle Estep, program director of the National Kidney Foundation, will discuss "Do You Know Your Kidney Score?" The program is free; no registration is necessary.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, March 8, in Suite 3, Grady Medical Office Building ground floor. Free.
• Living Well with Diabetes, a three-day series for those with diabetes and others, will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, March 9, 10 and 11. The series is free but registration is necessary.
• 15-minute seated massage, 3:30 to 6:30, Thursday, March 11. Therapist Julie Clinger will relax tense shoulders and necks. Cost is $12 per person; appointments are required.
• R.S.V.P. (Really Special Visit for Parents), free tour of Grady Family Birthplace; topics include admitting, birthing options, sibling opportunities and baby care, 7:15 to 8:15 p.m., Thursday, March 18. Free.
• Yoga classes for adults, taught by Bob Johnson, will be held on Mondays beginning March 29. Level 1 classes are 6:45 to 7:45 p.m.; Level 2 classes are 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Cost of the eight-week series is $45.