Manga and Anime 101, 1 to 2:30 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month. The next class is Saturday, Sept. 10. Instructor is Nancy Crawford. Cost is $5 per class.
The following programs are offered at the Community Library, 44 Burrer Drive in Sunbury, unless noted. For information, call (740) 965-3901 or visit community.lib.oh.us. Library hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
• Manga and Anime 101, 1 to 2:30 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month. The next class is Saturday, Sept. 10. Instructor is Nancy Crawford. Cost is $5 per class.
• American Girls: Molly, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 13. For children in second grade and up and an accompanying adult. Experience Molly's world of 1944, including crafts and activities. Cost is $5 per pair. Pre-registration is required.
• Kids Art Sampler Class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 15 and 22 and Oct. 13 and 20. Children ages 7 to 12 will explore watercolor, pastels, charcoal and mixed media with teacher and artist Angela Gage. Cost is $32; registration required.
• Preschool dance classes for ages 3 and 4. This creative movement class focuses on how the body moves. Two sessions are available: 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays or 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Classes will be held Sept. 21 and 28; Oct. 12, 19 and 26 and Nov. 9. Cost for the six-week session is $35. Pre-registration is required.
• Drawing class for teens and adults, 7 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 15 and 22, Oct. 13 and 20. Beginning/intermediate drawing with artist Angela Gage. Cost is $30; registration required. Bring a beginning drawing set and paper to class.
• Women's Art Studio, 7 to 8:30 p.m., on the third Friday of the month. Next meeting is Sept. 16. Share inspiration, ideas, techniques. Bring your own project: needlework, writing, painting, scrapbooking. An optional Junque/Art journaling kit will be available for a fee. Call Sherry Straub at (740) 816-0555 or Valerie Brown at (614) 309-4540.
• Ghosthunting Ohio with speaker John Kachuba, 7 p.m., Monday, Oct. 10. For ages 12 and up. Free, but pre-registration is required.
• Monthly 30-minute computer instruction and help sessions, 10 a.m. to noon on Fridays, and 6 to 8 p.m. on Mondays. Session leaders are the library's information technology staff and information science librarians. Laptops are available or bring your own. Advance registration requested.
• Wii're Gaming! For those in grades 6 through 12, 3 to 4:30 p.m. every Tuesday.
• Family Arts and Crafts Time, 5 to 6 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month. Cost is $5 per project; two people can work together. Registration required.
• Genealogy Discussion Club, 1 to 3 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month. Computers with Ancestry Plus are available.
• Tuesday Evening Knitters, 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays, for knitting and conversation.
No registration is required and siblings are welcome at the following free weekly programs:
• Babytime, ages 0-23 months, 9:30 a.m. on Mondays. Songs, rhymes and books for infants and toddlers with an accompanying adult.
• Time for Twos, 2-year-olds, 9:45 a.m. on Tuesdays. Books, songs, fingerplays and other activities for children accompanied by an adult.
• Wiggles and Giggles, 3-year-olds, 9:45-10:15 a.m. on Thursdays. Songs, games, crafts and books about colors, numbers, letters and shapes.
• Laugh and Learn, ages 4-6, 10:30-11 a.m. on Thursdays. Books, songs, games and crafts that emphasize early phonics, math, science and critical thinking skills.
For more information, visit http://community.lib.oh.us or call (740) 965-3901.