The following programs are offered at the Community Library, 44 Burrer Drive, Sunbury, unless noted.
The following programs are offered at the Community Library, 44 Burrer Drive, Sunbury, unless noted. For information, call 740-965-3901, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit community.lib.oh.us. Library hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
The Community Library Friends will hold a Used Book Event concurrent with library hours through June 4.
The Community Library reminds gardeners to think about planting a plot in the fifth annual Community Garden, located behind the library. The library offers 12-foot by 16-foot plots for $50. If the plot is properly maintained and weeded, $35 will be returned to the gardener at the end of the season. Forms and guidelines are at the library.
* Yoga classes, Gentle Yoga, 1 to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays, June 5, 12, 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31; evening Yoga for Beginners and Beyond, 7 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, June 12, 19, 26, July 10, 17, 24 and 31. Cost is $5 per person per class. Pay at the class.
* The Council for Older Adults' van will be parked in the library's lot from 1 to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 5. Volunteers will explain COA's services and answer questions.
* First Thursday Book Group, 7 to 8 p.m., Thursday, June 6. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. July's book is Jane Kirkpatrick's The Daughter's Walk.
* Summer Reading Club Kick-Off, 3-3:30 p.m., Saturday, June 8. Erica Carlson's "Diggin' for Magic" show, including her live hedgehog Sedgewick, will launch the summer program. The door prize winner will take home four Kings Island tickets ($150 value). Winners must be present. After the show, visit the Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District's inflatable Soil Tunnel. All ages. Free.
* Genealogy Lab, 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Monday, June 10. (Every second Monday of the month.)
* Genealogy Discussion Group, 1:30 p.m., Thursday, June 13. (Every second Thursday of the month).
* Movies for Grown-ups, 6:30 p.m., Thursday, June 13, in the meeting room. June's movie, the 23rd edition of history's longest-running film franchise, is a celebration of James Bond, with Daniel Craig. Free, but registration is requested. Bring snacks if you want.
* Community Garden series, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 18, Garden Maintenance and Cool Tools, location to be announced. On Tuesday, July 16, Second Crop Plantings for Fall will be discussed at the library.
* The Summer Reading Club runs from June 8 through Aug. 3. Kids up to age 11 can participate in "Dig into Reading." Read (or listen to) books to earn library bucks (to a maximum of 10). Redeem the bucks for small prizes or save them for bigger $5 prizes. Children who complete their reading game can enter for a chance to win one of the grand prizes: four tickets to COSI; two Deluxe Splatterpacks at SplatterPark (ages 10 and up); and two tickets to The Wilds, among others.