• 9:04 p.m., a boy was charged with criminal damaging in the 1400 block of Great Hunter Drive. He was accused of using a knife to cut down the net of a basketball hoop.
• 10:40 a.m., police were summoned to a store in the 2100 block of Stringtown Road to take a report of the theft of 23 cartons of cigarettes.
• 12:30 p.m., a man was charged with assault at the intersection of Stringtown Road and Thistlewood Drive.
• 11:55 a.m., a robbery was reported at a store in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road. According to the report, an employee heard a door alarm go off and saw a man pushing a shopping cart out. When the employee asked to see a receipt, the man said he didn't have one and proceeded to a vehicle. When the employee tried to look at the car's license plate, the man shoved him. The man and a driver fled in the car.
• 4:31 p.m., a man was charged with assault in the 2100 block of Stringtown Road.
• 8 a.m., $12,507 worth of copper items and a tool were reported missing following a breaking and entering in the 3900 block of Brookham Drive.
• 9:36 a.m., a television set, DVD player, satellite dish and stainless steel grill were reported stolen during a breaking and entering at another establishment in the 3900 block of Brookham Drive.
• 8:23 p.m., a woman was charged with drug abuse following a traffic stop at the intersection of Broadway and Rensch Road.
• 11:40 p.m., officers investigated a report of shots fired at the intersection of Magnolia Street and Sequoia Avenue. Witnesses said that a fight had broken out among a group of people watching a football game in the 3700 block of Magnolia Street, and that one of the participants fired a gun into the air, outdoors, three times. Officers recovered three .45-caliber shell casings.
• 9 a.m., a resident of the 3100 block of Columbus Street reported a case of identity fraud. The victim said someone had used his name and address to subscribe to more than 250 magazines. He said he had been busy contacting publishers since they began arriving on Aug. 15.
• 7:28 a.m., a commercial gas and paint sprayer worth $5,000 was reported stolen from a construction site in the 1400 block of Stringtown Road.
• 5:17 p.m., a resident of the 3600 block of Lake Albert Way reported he had been the victim of identity fraud by someone who had used his debit card account to make $2,508.10 in unauthorized charges.