Hilliard police reports April 4-11.
Hilliard police reports April 4-11.
• Someone stole a large gray toolbox containing tools from a garage on Leap Road. The estimated loss is $473.
• A 40-year-old man was arrested on I-270 South in Norwich Township on out-of-jurisdiction warrants through Madison and Union counties.
• A 25-year-old woman was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance after she struck a vehicle that was stopped on I-270 North, Exit 13A. No injuries were reported.
• An unknown vehicle struck another vehicle that was parked on Vicksburg Lane and then left the scene.
• Someone used a marker to write on a bathroom stall door at Davidson High School.
• Four people were cited for license violations; two men were cited for speeding.
• A 26-year-old woman was cited at Anson Drive and Leap Road for not obeying traffic-control devices.
• A 31-year-old man was arrested at Interlachen Drive and Main Street and charged with drug abuse. An Ohio ID belonging to another male was found and impounded at Hilliard Police Department for safekeeping.
• Someone entered a female's unlocked vehicle on Willow Glen Road and stole two pairs of sunglasses and a bottle of cologne.
• At 3:23 a.m., a 29-year-old man was arrested for OVI after being stopped for a traffic violation on Cemetery Road and found to be intoxicated. At 4:50 a.m., the same man was arrested for disorderly conduct after trying to force his way into an apartment at Congressional Place.
• A female reported that someone she knows stole several pieces of jewelry, a Kindle Fire and a camera from a Drayton Road address. Total loss is $9,175.
• Five people were cited for speeding; three men were cited for license violations.
• A vehicle ran over a bungee cord on I-270 South in Norwich Township, puncturing a tire on the vehicle and shattering its rear window. No injuries were reported. Another vehicle had a shattered windshield after running over an unknown object on I-270 South.
• A 61-year-old man was cited for improper backing following a non-injury accident at 3500 Heritage Oaks Drive.
• A 26-year-old man was cited at Cosgray Road and Coventry Bend Drive for not wearing a seat belt.
• A 17-year-old girl was arrested at Davidson High School on an outstanding warrant.
• A 15-year-old boy did not return home from school. He later returned, was departmentally charged with home truancy and was released to a parent.
• At 11:35 p.m., a 42-year-old man was cited on Hilliard-Rome Road and Main Street for not having his lights on.
• Hilliard Police Department responded to a call of possible incendiary devices at Hampton Corners and Vinton Park.
• A 15-year-old boy was charged at Thorney Drive with truancy.
• A 63-year-old woman was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance following a non-injury accident on Cemetery Road.
• A white vehicle struck a parked unoccupied vehicle on Hilliard Rome Road, and the driver fled the scene.
• A 19-year-old man was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance following a three-vehicle accident on Alton Darby Road in Norwich Township. A passenger in one of the other vehicles was transported to the hospital.
• Schottenstein Real Estate Group reported someone caused $800 in damages by breaking several pieces of drywall in a building on Wilcox Road and stole $480 in copper air-conditioning pipe.
• A man reported someone broke a basement window on Cavalier Drive, causing $100 in damages, and stole copper piping and a water meter valued at $1,100.
• A 19-year-old girl was cited for assured clear distance following a non-injury accident at Coolbrook Drive and Davidson Road.
• A male reported he was assaulted by someone he knows on Linda Road.
• A 51-year-old woman was cited at Cemetery Road and Westbrook Drive for not obeying traffic-control devices.
• Someone caused $100 in damages to a gas door on a vehicle on Huntwicke Drive.
• A woman on Heritage Oaks Drive reported someone stole several oxycodone prescription pills valued at $52.59.
• Six people were cited for license violations; three people were cited for speeding.
• At 12:53 a.m., a 40-year-old woman was arrested for OVI after being stopped for speeding and found to be intoxicated. She was also arrested and charged with endangering children after it was learned that her 4-year-old daughter was left home alone.
• A 12-year-old girl was reported missing from a Leap Road address. She was found a short time later and returned to a parent.
• A female reported that someone she knows assaulted her on Drivemere Road.
• A 17-year-old girl was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance following a three-vehicle non-injury accident on Birchwood Drive and Renner Road in Norwich Township.
• CVS Pharmacy, 4610 Cemetery Road, reported a male and a female removed $30.98 worth of baby formula and left the store without paying.
• A woman reported that someone has posted an Owens Court address for rent fraudulently using Craigslist.
• A male reported a dispute with a repair shop on Center Street.
• An 85-year-old woman was cited at Cemetery Road and Main Street for failure to yield following a non-injury accident.
• At 11:51 p.m., a 36-year-old woman was arrested at Lyman Drive and Parkway Lane and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. A 25-year-old man also was arrested at the same location on multiple outstanding warrants through Franklin County Municipal Court.
• Seven people were cited for speeding; two people were cited for license violations.
• At 12:25 a.m., a male's vehicle struck a deer on I-270 South.
• At 1 a.m., a woman reported she was receiving unwanted and harassing phone calls from an unknown person and phone number.
• Three people were cited for speeding; one man was cited for a license violation; and one woman was cited for both.
• A 25-year-old woman was cited at Davidson Road and Trueman Boulevard for littering from a vehicle.
• A female reported the theft of two iPods valued at $298 from a Circle Drive address.
• A female reported the theft of an iPod valued at $120. It was later found and returned to the owner.
• United Dairy Farmers, 4640 Cemetery Road, reported the theft of $72.25 in gasoline by a known person.
• A female reported that someone broke the window on her vehicle on Dublin Road, causing $300 in damages. Her purse and contents were stolen. The estimated loss is $187.
• A woman reported two missing juveniles from a Park Side Court address. The juveniles were found shortly afterward and returned to a parent.
• At 10:57 p.m., a 48-year-old man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct-intoxication after causing a disturbance at 3650 Main Street. He was transported to the Franklin County Jail.
• At 11:09 p.m., a vehicle struck the cable barrier on I-270 South. Debris from the accident struck another vehicle. Three injuries were reported. A 30-year-old woman was cited for failure to control.
• A 67-year-old woman was cited for not stopping at a red light after a non-injury accident at Cemetery Road and Westbrook Drive.
• A credit card belonging to Jatak LLC was found and impounded at HPD for safekeeping.
• A 49-year-old man was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance following a non-injury accident at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
• Someone entered Star Dynamics, 4455 Reynolds Drive, at 12:45 p.m. and stole a Dell laptop and laptop docking station. Loss is $3,060.
• A 30-year-old man was cited at 2600 Willow Glen Road for parking in excess of 24 hours.
• A 21-year-old woman was arrested at Fishinger Boulevard and Ridge Mill Drive on an outstanding warrant.
• A 16-year-old was transported from Dublin Road to the hospital.
• Two men were cited for license violations.
• At 1:04 a.m., a 46-year-old man was arrested for controlled-substance possession after a traffic stop at Cemetery and Lacon roads. He was released on a court summons. An ID card belonging to another man was found and impounded at Hilliard Police Department for safekeeping.
• A vehicle was left abandoned on Grant Street. An 18-year-old man was cited for parking in excess of 24 hours.
• A woman reported someone filed a fraudulent federal tax return using her personal information.
• At 12:20 p.m., a 40-year-old woman was arrested at 3900 Cemetery Road and charged with possession of drug-abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia. She also was summoned into court for receiving stolen property after being found in possession of stolen pruners and garden gloves valued at $96.85 from Home Depot, 4101 Trueman Blvd.
• A known person had his vehicle serviced for $912.97 and left without paying for it at National Tire and Battery, 3700 Park Mill Run Drive.
• A male reported the theft of a backpack, textbooks, a calculator and items valued at $304.67 from his parked vehicle on Cemetery Road. A door lock was broken, causing $100 in damage.
• The driver of a white vehicle backed into another vehicle on Lacon Road and then left the scene.
• A 23-year-old woman was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance following a rear-end collision at 3900 Cemetery Road. The driver of the other vehicle was injured.
• Honda Northwest, 3747 Park Mill Run Drive, reported $15 in damages to a security device at the business.
• Someone stole a female's Apple iPhone valued at $299.99 on Scioto Darby Road.
• A 28-year-old man was cited for not driving in marked lanes following an injury accident at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
• Four people were cited for license violations.
• At 12:58 a.m., a 26-year-old man was cited at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive for not displaying lights.
• Someone stole a blue 2004 Honda Civic valued at $5,600 from Jeannette and Leap roads.
• Someone fraudulently used a man's bank-account information.
• A male reported receiving a bad check for an item he had sold.
• A 48-year-old man was cited for not having an alarm permit on file for his Hampton Corners residence.
• A 16-year-old girl was cited on Hayden Run Road in Norwich Township for failure to maintain an assured clear distance.
• A 32-year-old woman was cited at Cemetery Road and Main Street for not driving in marked lanes.
• Three men were cited for license violations.