For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
For more information about Preservation Parks of Dela-ware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
* Yoga in the Parks: "Calming Nature Stretch," 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, beginning June 11, and continuing June 18 and July 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30. For all ages. Exercise physiologist Jill Howard is the instructor. The cost is $30 for the seven-week program. Registration is due June 7. Visit preservationparks.com, click on Programs and then on Great Green Gym; or email email@example.com.
* Free "Healthy Water, Healthy People" workshop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursday, June 6, at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Educators, students, scout troops, and others may participate in this water quality education workshop. Participants will be taught how to complete hands-on activities, engage in peer teaching, and receive activity guides and test kits. The program is sponsored by Project WET and the Hach Scientific Foundation. Registration is required by May 31; call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming programs - no registration required
* "Evening on the Pond," 8 p.m., Saturday, June 1. Take an off-trail hike as we look for turtles, frogs, waterfowl and more as the sun sets. Age 6 and older. Char-Mar Ridge Preserve, 7741 Lewis Center Road.
* "Blacksmithing on the Farm," 2 p.m., Sunday, June 2. Try your hand at smithing and watch a small forge in action. Age 7 and older. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, June 3. Older adults can take a one- to two-mile walk along Hoover Reservoir. Meet outside Mudflats, 31 S. Columbus St., Galena
* "Branching Out," 8:30 p.m., Friday, June 7. Try to spot baby birds, including owls, as they leave their nests. Age 6 and older. Emily Traphagen Preserve, 5094 Seldom Seen Road.