1. Africentric at Eastmoor Academy girls, Dec. 11 -- Last season, the Warriors snapped the Nubians' 141-game City League-South Division winning streak during the second round of league play and went on to win their first league championship. Africentric was 3-1 overall and 2-0 in the league heading into a game Dec. 8 at home against Columbus South while Eastmoor had the same overall and league record as it prepared to play Briggs on Dec. 8.
2. Walnut Ridge at Pickerington Central boys, Dec. 12 -- The Scots, who are 1-1 against teams from the OCC-Ohio Division already this season, were 2-1 overall heading into their City-South opener Dec. 8 against Marion-Franklin. They are the defending league champions. Pickerington Central was 2-0 overall when it played its league opener Dec. 8 against Pickerington North.
3. Hilliard Bradley at Westerville South boys, Dec. 11 -- The Wildcats, who were last year's state runners-up, will face a tough early season test from the Jaguars.
South was 2-0 overall heading into its OCC-Cardinal Division opener against Dublin Scioto on Dec. 8. Bradley was 2-1 overall and 1-1 in the league as it prepared for Westerville Central on Dec. 8.
Last season, South won the league title at 14-0 and Bradley went 11-3.
4. Newark at Gahanna boys,Dec. 11-- Each of the last two seasons, the Lions and Wildcats have tied for the OCC-Ohio Division championship. Gahanna is 4-0 overall and 2-0 in the league while Newark is 1-2 overall and 1-1 in the league.
Newark won a district championship last season while Gahanna was a district runner-up.
*Note: Hartley-Watterson was rescheduled for Jan. 25.
5. Upper Arlington at Olentangy Liberty girls, Dec. 11 -- Defending OCC-Central Division champion Liberty was 3-0 overall and 2-0 in the league heading into its game Dec. 8 against Marysville. UA is 3-3 overall and 2-1 in the league. Last season, the Patriots won the league at 13-1 while the Golden Bears placed second at 12-2.