For the most part, the Super 7 poll remained the same as last week, but it wasn't without a close call at the top as No. 1 Olentangy Liberty needed overtime to beat Olentangy Orange 20-13.
Congratulations to Olentangy Liberty, winner of the Super 7 poll championship. The Patriots were No. 3 in the preseason poll behind No. Pickerington Central and No. 2 Hilliard Davidson. They moved up to No. 2 when Davidson lost to Hilliard Bradley in week 3. Two weeks later, Liberty moved to the top spot when Pickerington Central fell to Upper Arlington in overtime, and the Patriots stayed there. Not that they didn't have moments of concern, such as an overtime win over Olentangy Orange in week 9. Still Liberty persevered and earned its first undefeated regular season.
As we close another regular season, it's worth taking a look at the preseason poll. Following Central, Davidson and Liberty were Bradley, Dublin Coffman, Hartley and Westerville Central.
Below is the poll as selected by ThisWeekSPORTS.com writers. A unanimous selection is 77 points:
1. Olentangy Liberty (10-0), 77 points, 11 first-place votes. Last game: Defeated Westerville North 35-17. Last week: No. 1
2. DeSales (10-0), 66 points. Last game: Def. Vernon 56-14. Last week: No. 2
3. Pickerington Central (8-1), 55 points. Last game: Def. Grove City 41-0. Last week: No. 3
4. Hilliard Bradley (8-1), 40 points. Last game: Def. Delaware 31-0. Last week: No. 4
5. Hilliard Davidson (7-2), 22 points. Last game: Def. Westland 56-0. Last week: No. 5
6. Dublin Jerome (8-1), 20 points. Last game: Def. Worthington Kilbourne 35-10. Last week: No. 6
7. Dublin Coffman (7-2), 20 points. Last game: Def. Upper Arlington 27-21. Last week: No. 7
Dropped out: None
Also receiving votes: Hartley 8