Westerville Public Library is at 126 S. State St. For more information or to register for the following programs, call 614-882-7277 or visit westervillelibrary.org.
Westerville Public Library is at 126 S. State St. For more information or to register for the following programs, call 614-882-7277.
Ticket sales for Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn's Thursday, Nov. 5, visit to Westerville begin at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 15. Reservations will open for the 7 p.m. main presentation and for the 4:40 to 6 p.m. reception, hosted by the Westerville Library Foundation. The reception will include priority seating and preferred book signing at the main presentation, as well as appetizers.
The board of trustees is seeking applicants for a vacancy that opens Jan. 1, 2016. The length of the term is seven years. Applicants must live within the Westerville school district. Forward a statement of interest along with a resume to the library's administrative offices at 126 S. State St. to the attention of Elena Vleugels by Friday, Sept. 18.
* Hola, Latin America, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 10. Michelle Bologna, Spanish and world history teacher at Cristo Rey Columbus, will share her travel experiences. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* Financial Planning for Retirement, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 14. Learn techniques to prepare for and live well in retirement. Presented by Richard Korn and financial adviser Rob Riebe. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* Mint Tin Dioramas, 4 to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 15. Ages 8-11 will upcycle empty mint tins to make tiny dioramas. Supplies provided. Activity Center. Registration required.
* Upcycle Craft Club, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 17. Turn ordinary objects into extraordinary crafts. All ages and skill levels celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by creating Guatemalan worry dolls. Supplies provided. Meeting Room B. Registration required.
* Concussions and Memory Strategies, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 17. Hear effective strategies for coping and rebuilding one's life. Presented by Ohio State University's Jennifer Brello and Wexner Medical Center's Shana McGrath. Meeting Room A. Registration required.