McConnell Arts Center
McConnell Arts Center
The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday and until 9 p.m. Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, e-mail email@example.com, visit www.mcconnellarts.org or call (614) 431-0329.
• "Homecoming," an exhibit featuring the work of the Worthington Arts Council, is on view through Oct. 17. The exhibit is free, and is open during MAC business hours.
• The work of artists Kathleen Pepicello and Marty Husted will be on display through Oct. 31. Pepicello makes use of the spiral "as the perfect tool to illustrate unity." Husted is a freelance illustrator and fine artist. The exhibit is free.
• Jim Volk will return to the MAC to perform on the acoustic guitar at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7. Tickets are $5, and advance tickets are available.
• Honk, Wail and Moan will perform swing and jazz music at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 21. Tickets are $5 and are available in advance. The concert will be preceded by "Wine Down at the Mac" from 5 to 7 p.m. Wine and BLINGO tickets are both priced at $5.
• Young artists Jacob Reed and Casey Mullen will be featured in the New Music at the MAC series at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 24. They will be accompanied by full orchestration. Tickets are $20 general admission and $15 for students.
• The Matt Venus Project will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 4, featuring music from the recent release "Project Stargazer." Tickets are $5.
• Poet Josephine Dickinson will read from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26. She is the author of "Scarberry Hill," "The Voice" and "Night Journey." Free.
• The On Stage at the MAC series will feature "Portraits in Motion: Kristina Isabelle Dance Company" at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18 and 19. This is the world premiere of the show, which was created specifically for the MAC stage. The work features solos and small ensemble pieces for six company members, with special guest Bebe Miller. Tickets are $20 to $25 and may be purchased online.
• The 2011 membership campaign is under way. Membership starts at $40 and provides a variety of benefits, including a discount on MAC classes and art purchases. Membership information is available online or by calling the MAC.