The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. Building admission and parking are free.
The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. Building admission and parking are free. Call 614-431-0329.
* The Magic of Monhegan: Six Women Paint the Island's Charm, is the featured exhibit at the MAC through April 27. The work of Judith Carducci, Greer Jennison, Aida Garrity, Carol Medhurst, Kimberly Moore and Susan Cone Porges will be featured, as each offers their interpretation of Monhegan Island in Maine.
* Soul/funk/jazz outfit fo/mo/deep will be in concert Thursday, April 3. The band focuses on the experimental style of soul music from the 1970s. Tickets are $10 online, $12 at the door, $5 for students and free for children under age 12.
* The MAC welcomes Scottish songwriter Jim Malcolm in concert Friday, April 4. The storyteller is self-accompanied on guitar and harmonica. Tickets are $20 online, $25 at the door and $10 for students.
* The documentary Chasing Ice , which follows National Geographic photographer James Balog across the Arctic as he captures the world's changing glaciers, will be screened Thursday, April 10. Director Jeff Orlowski and the Chasing Ice team will be on hand for the free showing, followed by a brief question-and-answer session.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club plays on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.