Several thefts from motor vehicles were reported recently in the German Village area.
According to Columbus Division of Police incident reports they included:
* At 7:30 p.m. Jan. 19, a $1,500 laptop and $100 bag were stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of East Livingston Avenue.
* A $250 briefcase was stolen between 5 and 9 p.m. Jan. 19 from a vehicle parked in the $200 block of East Livingston Avenue.
* Wedding rings valued at $1,500 total, a $150 purse and $150 sunglasses were stolen between 8 p.m. Jan. 20 and 7 a.m. Jan. 21 from a vehicle in the 400 block of Elsmere Street.
* More than $1,000 worth of merchandise was stolen between 5 p.m. Jan. 8 and 9:15 a.m. Jan. 10 from a vehicle in the 700 block of South Fifth Street.
Items stolen included a $500 computer, $100 hard drive, two cameras worth $150 total, $10 worth of food, $100 portable radio, $250 worth of batteries, carrying cases, memory cards and other miscellaneous devices.
* A $400 book bag containing several items was stolen between 1:20 and 1:50 p.m. Jan. 19 from a vehicle in the 200 block of Reinhard Avenue.
* Cash totaling $1,400 was stolen between 10:25 p.m. Jan. 18 and 10 a.m. Jan. 19 from a vehicle in the 200 block of East Deshler Avenue.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* A $10,000 Honda Pilot, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen between 3:30 and 6:30 a.m. Jan. 21 from the 500 block of Briggs Street.
* A $6,000 Volkswagen Jetta, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen at 6 a.m. Jan. 24 in the 300 block of Forest Street.
* Between 5 and 7 p.m. Jan. 24, someone broke the front window of a house in the 600 block of Lathrop Street, causing $200 in damage. The victim told police nothing was believed to be missing.
* At 12:45 a.m. Jan. 25, someone tried to break into a house in the 500 block of South Grant Avenue, breaking the lock and door handle and scratching and denting a door
A window above a pantry cabinet was also shattered. An estimated $1,500 in damage was done to the residence but nobody apparently entered the house.
* A robbery was reported Jan. 24 in the 800 block of Bruck Street.
A woman said she was leaving her residence at 7:12 a.m. when the suspect confronted her, holding a knife to her throat and demanding money. The thief made off with a $25 wallet containing $3, ID and various credit cards.
* A woman said she was the victim of an assault Jan. 23 in the 900 block of Jaeger Street.
The woman said that at 10:20 a.m., she was in her garage when a man entered and began walking toward her.
She said she began screaming and yelling "no" and he punched her in the face several times, telling her to be quiet before eventually fleeing. Nothing was stolen.
* A piece of construction equipment, value not listed on reports, was stolen between 5 p.m. Jan. 20 and 8 a.m. Jan. 21 from a house in the 1000 block of City Park Avenue.
* The windows of two vehicles were broken between 7 p.m. Jan. 21 and 10:30 a.m. Jan. 22 in the 200 block of Thurman Avenue.
Nothing was stolen, but the suspect did $200 damage to the vehicles.