Pickerington police are investigating the theft of a firearm from a residence on Fox Glen Drive West.
According to Pickerington Division of Police incident reports, officers were called to the residence at 8:43 a.m. Jan. 22.
A resident there told police his firearm had been stolen.
Columbus police officers later recovered the weapon that was in the possession of a 20-year-old man in Columbus.
Columbus officers confiscated the weapon from the man and charged him with improper handling of a firearm.
Pickerington police officials said they are continuing to investigate the incident.
In other recent Pickerington incident reports:
* A resident of the 500 block of Herrogate Square went to the Pickerington police station at 9:08 a.m. Jan. 18 to report someone used his personal information to fraudulently open a credit card account.
* A 19-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for theft at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive at 11:49 a.m. Jan. 18.
The woman was issued a summons for a mandatory appearance in Fairfield County Municipal Court to answer the charge.
* A 22-year-old Columbus man and a 25-year-old Pickerington woman were arrested for theft at 4:27 p.m. Jan. 18 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
Each of the suspects was given a summons for a mandatory appearance in Pickerington Mayor's Court.
The woman was then released into the custody of Columbus police because she also was wanted on a warrant filed in that city.
* A resident of East Borland Street reported at 5:57 p.m. Jan. 18 someone sprayed paint onto her garage doors.
* Police received multiple reports of car break-ins at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 19 in the parking lots of two businesses in the 1500 block of Stonecreek Drive South.
* Officers were called to the 400 block of Furman Street and 700 block of Brevard Circle at 8:29 a.m. Jan. 20 on multiple reports of vehicle break-ins in the area.
The incidents are being investigated.
* Officers have forwarded information to the Fairfield County Juvenile Prosecutor's Office to review possible charges against a 15-year-old suspected of theft from a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive at 5:38 p.m. Jan. 21.
Reports said the suspect in that theft fled before officers arrived, but police were able, later, to identify the boy and prepare the information to seek charges against him.
* A resident of the 100 block of Balsam Drive reported at 7:40 p.m. Jan. 21 her son had possession of a cell phone that she believed was stolen.
Reports said officers confiscated the phone and placed it in the property room at the police station.
* A 34-year-old woman was issued a "no-trespass" order for a business in the 10000 block of Blacklick Eastern Road at 8:29 p.m. Jan. 21 after she attempted to steal items.
Reports said the items were recovered and the woman was issued the order.
* Police are searching for two woman who were apprehended by store personnel while attempting to steal items from a business in the 1000 block of Hill Road North at 8:10 p.m. Jan. 22.
Reports said after the women were apprehended they fled before officers arrived.
* Several residents in the 200 block of Autumn Ridge reported thefts from vehicles at 3:45 a.m. Jan. 22.
* A vehicle break-in was reported at 2:30pm Jan. 22 in the parking lot of a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North.
* A 44-year-old Portsmouth man was arrested for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia at 3:06 p.m. Jan. 22 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.