A man contacted Columbus police at 12:55 p.m. March 2 regarding the apparent theft of $1,000 from him Feb. 25.
The victim, who filed the report from an address in the 2900 block of North High Street, said he wired the amount via Western Union to enable the suspect to purchase an airline ticket.
According to reports, the suspect said he would repay the victim once he arrived in Columbus, but the victim told police he never heard from the suspect again.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A man told police someone drove a car across his lawn in the 600 block of East Lincoln Avenue between 12:01 and 7:30 a.m. March 1. The victim said the errant driver took out a small tree valued at $200.
* Appliances valued at $2,850 were reported stolen Feb. 28 from a rental property in the first block of California Avenue that is undergoing renovation. The victim said a refrigerator, gas range, microwave and humidifier were removed from the property between 4 p.m. Feb. 24 and 11 a.m. Feb. 28.
* A Clintonville man reported at 3:55 p.m. Feb. 27 that his $3,700 insulin pump had been stolen from him late last year. The man said the theft took place between Dec. 4 and 13 at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital, 3535 Olentangy River Road.
* A report of someone smoking a crack pipe in a car at the intersection of East Cooke Road and Indianola Avenue at 5:18 p.m. Feb. 26 led to an individual, not identified in police reports, being issued a summons for having an open container of alcohol and making an improper turn. The officer who responded to the call made a traffic stop, and while a police dog summoned to the scene "alerted to the vehicle," a subsequent search turned up only the open container, according to reports.
* A man said a suspect "threatened him with a sword" in the 400 block of Broad Meadows Boulevard at 5:14 a.m. Feb. 25. The other person involved in the incident denied doing so and left the residence, reports said. The victim was referred to the city prosecutor's office.
* The pastor of a church in the first block of Como Avenue reported the theft of $220 in cash and some personal information in a burglary that took place between 3:30 p.m. Feb. 24 and 11:50 a.m. Feb. 25. Damage to a side door of the church was estimated at $75.