What began with an arrest for shoplifting ended with a Dayton woman also being charged with receiving stolen property after Pickerington police officers learned the vehicle she was driving had been reported stolen.
Officers were called to a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive at 2:07 p.m. Feb. 23 after two people suspected of shoplifting were detained by store personnel.
A 27-year-old Reynoldsburg man and the 22 year-old Dayton woman were both issued citations for theft.
The man was given a date for a mandatory appearance in Fairfield County Municipal Court and released.
The woman, however, was taken to the Fairfield County jail after officers discovered the vehicle she was driving had been reported stolen from a Columbus location.
In other recent incident reports from the Pickerington Division of Police:
* Representatives of a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North reported at 12:10 p.m. Feb. 19 a male concealed $49 worth of Red Bull in his hooded sweat shirt and left without paying.
Reports said the clerk was able to provide officers with a vehicle description and license plate number.
* A phony $100 bill was used to purchase a pair of shoes in the 1100 block of Hill Road North at 9:29 p.m. Feb. 19.
Officers were able to locate the two juveniles who used the fraudulent bill to make the purchase.
The shoes were returned to the seller who declined to seek charges against the youths, however, police forwarded the incident reports to the Secret Service for review
* A woman living in the 300 block of Treemoss Circle reported at 3:10 p.m. Feb. 20 her 24-year-old granddaughter has her vehicle and is refusing to return it.
Reports said the granddaughter's probation officer was contacted about the incident.
* Officers were called to the 1500 block of Stonecreek Drive South at 4:38 p.m. Feb. 22 on a report of a female customer threatening to shoot an employee.
Reports said the customer had fled the scene before the officers arrived.
*A resident of the 100 block of Georges Creek told police at 6:33 p.m. Feb. 22 two pairs of Nike Air Jordan tennis shoes had been stolen.
Police determined a 17-year-old girl who lives in the residence and her 21-year-old boyfriend posted the items for sale on social media. The report and a request for charges to be filed against the girl and her boyfriend were forwarded to the Fairfield County Prosecutor's office.
* A 25-year-old Columbus woman was issued a citation for misuse of the emergency 9-1-1 phone line at 1:54 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 1000 block of Refugee Road.
Reports said that despite warnings to stop calling the number, the woman persistently dialing 911, requesting a courtesy transport from an area medical facility.
The woman was issued a date for a mandatory court appearance in Fairfield County Municipal Court after multiple warnings for dialing 911 requesting a courtesy transport from a local hospital.
* A 24-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for disturbing the peace after police investigated a ruckus in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 100 block of Lake Point Court at 3:10 a.m. Feb. 24.
* An 18-year-old Pickerington man was issued a citation for criminal mischief at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 24 after smearing a substance on a neighbor's window in the 600 block of Sycamore Drive.
Reports said he was released after he was given a date for a mandatory appearance in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
* Power company crews shut off electricity service for a short period of time at 12:33 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 100 block of East State Street , after a refuse collection truck became ensnared in downed power lines that had been felled by high winds. Shortly after the truck was freed, power was restored.
* Officers were called at 4:32 p.m. Feb. 24 to the 1100 block of Hill Road North on a report that a 21-year-old man was attempting to have a fraudulent prescription filled.
Reports said a request to file the charges was sent to the Fairfield County Prosecutor's office.
*A 33-year-old Pickerington man was arrested on domestic violence and assault charges at 4:54 p.m. Feb. 25 in the 200 block of Durand Street.