Delaware police made two arrests last month after a man reportedly fled on foot after a traffic stop.
An officer determined a 30-year-old Columbus man was driving with a suspended license and had a warrant out for his arrest after a traffic stop about 10 p.m. Feb. 24 near the intersection of London Road and Sandusky Street, according to police reports. The officer handcuffed the man, who then fled, reports said.
Police apprehended the man after a brief foot chase, according to police reports. He faces a charge of obstructing official business, a second-degree misdemeanor.
Police also cited a 31-year-old Columbus woman for wrongful entrustment of a motor vehicle, an unclassified misdemeanor, in relation to the incident, according to Delaware Municipal Court records.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers responded to a theft in progress shortly before 3 a.m. Feb. 26 in the first block of Fieldcrest Drive. A man was seen entering a shed and removing items, according to police reports.
Police arrested a 41-year-old Mansfield man on misdemeanor charges of burglary, breaking and entering and criminal damaging, according to police reports. Police recovered tools valued at $965 taken from two residences, reports said.
* A woman reported a burglary took place between midnight Feb. 20 and 4:45 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 600 block of Fern Drive. Someone entered an apartment and stole a television valued at $600, according to police reports.
* A man reported two break-ins occurred between 5 p.m. Feb. 22 and 6:15 a.m. Feb. 23 in the 300 block of South Sandusky Street. Someone entered two buildings through front windows, reports said.
* A man reported someone attempted to steal a work vehicle between 4 and 4:45 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 100 block of Johnson Drive. Investigators have not identified any suspects in the case, according to reports.
* A woman reported someone stole her car about 5 p.m. Feb. 22 from the 100 block of South Sandusky Street. The Columbus Division of Police recovered the vehicle about four hours later on Interstate 71, reports said.
* A man and a woman reported someone stole two smartphones, together valued at $900, between 11 p.m. and midnight Feb. 24 at a business in the first block of North Sandusky Street. Officers found the phones and returned them to the victims, who declined to press charges, according to reports.
* Officers responded to a report of assault shortly after 3 a.m. Feb. 21 at a residence in the 200 block of South Washington Street. The report remains under investigation.