Powell police are looking for a man who reportedly pried open the front door of an occupied residence earlier this month.
Officers responded shortly before 1 p.m. March 3 to a report of attempted burglary in the 400 block of Charles Spring Drive. An unknown suspect broke into the residence through the front door but fled after apparently realizing the homeowner was present, according to police reports.
The suspect has been described as a white man in his mid-30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, according to police reports. He fled the scene in a cobalt-blue truck with a cap and chrome striping, reports said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Powell Police Department at 614-885-3374.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* Officers responded to a report of theft shortly before 11 a.m. March 4 in the 10200 block of Sawmill Parkway. Someone stole a purse valued at $40 that contained a GPS unit worth $200 and medical equipment valued at $125, according to police reports.
* A man reported someone struck his unoccupied vehicle about 7 p.m. March 4 in the 8700 block of Moreland Street and fled the scene.
A man told a Delaware County Sheriff's deputy he discovered a wallet about 12:30 p.m. March 6 in the 700 block of Hidden Springs Drive in Orange Township. The man said he was walking around a pond looking for snails when he saw the wallet submerged in water.
A deputy contacted the wallet's owner, who reportedly said the item had been stolen from her in Columbus "a while back."
* An employee of a business in the first block of Meadow Park Avenue in Orange Township reported someone stole a puppy valued at $3,500 between 2:15 and 2:30 p.m. March 3.
* A man reported March 3 someone stole a trailer valued at $7,500 between Feb. 11 and 20 in the 8800 block of Green Meadows Drive in Orange Township.
* A vehicle struck a mailbox about 2 p.m. March 6 in the 500 block of Albury Court in Liberty Township before leaving the scene, according to sheriff's reports.