Several vehicle break-ins were reported in the German Village area.
According to recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports, the thefts included:
* Between 12:25 a.m. March 10 and 11:55 a.m. March 11, $5 worth of change was stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of South Sixth Street.
* A $300 bag and its contents were stolen between midnight March 10 and 7 a.m. March 11 from a vehicle parked in the 700 block of Jaeger Street.
The victim said his tax return displaying his Social Security number was left on the front street, but he worries the thief wrote down his personal information.
* At 4 p.m. March 12, $600 worth of makeup, $200 cash, clothing, credit cards and various forms of identification were stolen from a vehicle parked at the intersection of South Sixth and East Kossuth streets.
* Unendorsed checks and a workbag, value undetermined, were stolen between 6:35 and 8 p.m. March 9 from a vehicle in the 100 block of Thurman Avenue.
Someone broke into the car by breaking the right front window, causing an undetermined amount of damage.
* A $500 bookbag and its contents, prescription medication and textbooks, value undetermined, were stolen between 3 and 9 a.m. March 11 from a vehicle in the 300 block of Berger Alley.
The victim reported that she also had tax information in the bag.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* A $15,000 Nissan Xterra, manufacturing date not available, was reported stolen between 3:30 p.m. March 10 and 9 a.m. March 11 from the 400 block of Stanley Avenue.
* A vehicle was damaged between 5:30 and 9:20 p.m. March 9 in the 400 block of South Lazelle Street.
The victim told police big "X" marks were scratched in the hood and trunk, with additional slashes on the side doors.
An estimated amount of damage was not listed in reports.
* A burglary was reported to have occurred between 5 and 7 a.m. March 11 in the 400 block of East Beck Street.
The victim told police she believes entry was made through an unlocked window. The woman stated nothing was damaged but a $1,3000 laptop computer was stolen.
* A burglary was reported March 13 in the 1400 block of Bruck Street.
The crime occurred at 5:25 a.m., when a suspect forced entry into the house but fled when confronted by the victim.
The suspect caused $250 worth of damage to the door.
* Merchandise valued at $4,000 was stolen during a burglary between 6:30 a.m. March 8 and 5 p.m. March 10 from a house in the first block of Hanford Street.
The items included $2,000 diamond earrings, $1,000 watch and $1,000 in miscellaneous jewelry were stolen.
The suspect also caused $300 of damage to a door.