Dublin police arrested a 35-year-old Mifflin Township man March 17 for the burglary of a residence in the first block of Corbins Mill Drive.
According to the report, a neighbor told police at 5:26 p.m. he and another man saw a man carrying a backpack run out the back door of the Corbins Mill residence. Reports said the door and lock at the residence were damaged.
Police found the Mifflin Township man near a residence in the 100 block of Carrowmoor Court.
The man told police he was walking around the area because his car overheated and claimed he couldn't find the car.
He denied being at the residence and said he ran from the area after a man pointed a gun at him.
Officers found a backpack the man was carrying and reports said it contained $525 of items -- including jewelry and tools -- identified as having been stolen from the Corbins Mill residence.
Reports said witnesses identified the Mifflin Township man as the person they saw running from the residence.
In other recent Dublin Police Department incident reports:
* An arrest warrant was filed March 22 for a 35-year-old Columbus man in connection with an incident of criminal damaging reported at 4:43 p.m. March 20 at a business in the 6500 block of Perimeter Loop Road.
Reports said the man, a former employee, is accused of breaking a window at the business when he tossed a stool through it.
Damages were estimated to be $200.
* A woman and a man, both 18 years old, were issued citations for marijuana drug abuse March 21 at Hard Road and Riverside Woods Boulevard.
* A resident of the 100 block of Carrowmoor Court told police at 6:02 p.m. March 18 someone stole her credit cards.
* A 26-year-old man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia March 18 in the 8600 block of Craigston Court.
* A 49-year-old Hilliard woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after striking an officer who had been called at 7:22 p.m. March 17 because the woman was attempting to drive home drunk from a business in the 3800 block of Hard Road.
* An employee of a business in the 7600 block of Sawmill Road reported at 3:41 p.m. March 17 someone stole $1,213 in property, including cigarettes while the business was closed. The door of the business also was damaged during the theft.
* Police were called March 17 on a report of fraudulent use of a credit card that occurred between March 7 and 9 in the 7000 block of Cardinal Place.
* Representatives of a business in the 400 block of Metro Place South reported receiving a bad check March 17.
* A 23-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse March 17 in the 6300 block of Frantz Road.