Grove City police reported a Dover, Ohio, man said a handgun and several cellphone tower tools were stolen from his pickup truck between 8 p.m. March 27 and 7 a.m. March 28 while it was parked at a motel in the 4100 block of Marlane Drive.
The items were stolen from the truck's unlocked cab. Total loss was listed at $20,500, reports stated.
In other recent Grove City police reports:
* A resident in the 2100 block of English Turn Drive reported March 26 that a Digital Service Activation Meter, valued at $4,000, was stolen overnight from his work van, which was parked in his driveway. A passenger-side front window was broken to gain entry, causing $300 in damage, according to reports.
* The foreman at a construction site in the 4400 block of Demorest Road reported a generator, valued at $2,500, was stolen between 1 and 1:40 p.m. March 25.
* A resident in the 1500 block of Otter Court reported his car was broken into March 27 and a laptop computer, four textbooks and $5 in change had been stolen. Total loss was $2,435, reports stated.
* A resident in the 3100 block of Foxbridge Drive told police March 30 numerous tools, valued at $1,855, were stolen overnight from his car. Someone forced entry into his garage, where the car was parked.
* An employee at a business in the 4100 block of Parkway Centre Drive reported her cellphone, valued at $869, was stolen from the restroom. The woman said the phone slipped out of her pocket and she placed it on the paper towel dispenser. She forgot it when she returned to work. About a half-hour later, she went back to the restroom to retrieve her phone and found it was gone.
* The owner of a business in the 4400 block of Broadway told police the wheels and tires of a vehicle were stolen March 29. The car, which belonged to an Ashville man, was parked at the shop for repairs.
* A Cincinnati woman told police a camera, headphones, a tablet computer and music player were stolen from her van March 25 while she and family members were at a business in the 4200 block of Marlane Drive. Total loss was $660, reports stated.
* A resident in the 3700 block of Lake Mead Drive reported March 28 a snowblower, valued at $600, was stolen overnight from his garage. The man said he had left his garage door open about a foot. Someone apparently slid underneath, then pulled the garage door opener release to lift it open and removed the snow blower, according to reports.
* Two Grove City men reported the batteries were stolen from their trailers parked in the 4000 block of Marlane Drive. In both cases, the battery cables were cut. The thefts occurred between noon March 23 and 1 p.m. March 24, according to reports.