Upper Arlington police are investigating a breaking and entering at a local gas station in which the suspects broke into the business using a vehicle.
Officers were dispatched to a gas station in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive at 12:46 a.m. May 1 in response to an alarm going off at the business. They found the front door to the gas station had been smashed open, but no suspects were on site.
Officers then reviewed the business' video surveillance system, which showed two males using a vehicle to break through the front door.
Police reports said the men made off with $2,000 worth of cigarettes, $50 from the cash register and $5.50 in coins.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* An employee at Scioto Country Club, 2196 Riverside Drive, reported he came to work at 5 a.m. April 26 and found a lower glass pane to a door to the fitness area at the club broken out. He then saw an unknown man lying on the ground in the club's retail area.
The employee said the man saw him and crawled out of the broken door before walking west on Riverside Drive. Police searched the area but were unable to locate the man. Nothing was reported stolen from the club, but damage to the door was listed at $500.
* A staff member at Upper Arlington High School, 1650 Ridgeview Road, reported an unknown, college-age white male entered a classroom at the school at 2:25 p.m. April 25, yelled obscenities and fled through the building's west doors. A second male videotaped the incident from the hallway outside the classroom, and a third male waited outside in a vehicle before driving himself and the other two men away from the scene.
Witnesses were unable to describe the getaway vehicle or its direction of travel, and police were unable to find the suspects.
* Employees at a restaurant in the 2100 block of Riverside Drive reported someone broke into the business between 7:02 and 7:14 a.m. April 26 and stole a cash register valued at $200, $160 in cash and a bottle of water valued at $1. Entry was gained by breaking through a glass door, causing $499 in damage.
* Employees at a store in the 2800 block of Fishinger Road reported someone broke out a glass door to the business and stole a cellphone valued at $400, ice cream cups valued at $50 and $10 in cash between midnight and 12:10 a.m. April 27. Damage to the door was estimated at $200.
* A hedge trimmer valued at $400 was stolen from the back of a landscaping company's truck while employees were working at a residence in the 1800 block of Cambridge Boulevard at 3:38 p.m. April 30.
* A bicycle valued at $500 was stolen from a garage in the 2600 block of Tremont Road between 7 p.m. April 28 and 3 p.m. April 30.
* An undisclosed number of bicycles valued at a total of $1,500, along with $50 worth of tools were stolen from a residence in the 1800 block of Collingswood Road between 7 p.m. April 29 and 10 a.m. April 30.
* Two bicycles valued at a total of $880 were stolen from a front porch in the 1400 block of Kingsgate Road between 11 p.m. April 27 and 6:30 a.m. April 28. A cable lock that was securing the bikes was cut, police reports said.
* A wallet valued at $50 and $5 cash were stolen from a vehicle parked outside Upper Arlington High School, 1650 Ridgeview Road, between 11:30 a.m. and noon April 26.
* A man in the 3800 block of Reed Road reported the unauthorized use of his credit card at noon April 24. Loss was listed at $1,794.
* An administrator at Hastings Middle School, 1850 Hastings Lane, reported finding a knife in a grassy area on the north side of the school at 1 p.m. April 24.
* A briefcase valued at $100, $25 in cash, a flash drive valued at $1 and a tax form were stolen from an unlocked vehicle while it was parked at a residence in the 2300 block of Tremont Road between 7 p.m. April 14 and midnight April 15.